Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WHEW!!

Ignore all of the glare from the flash. . . it's too dark for me to get a good photo tonight!


I am so relieved! My suit turned out really well! The first one was ready today and I just picked it up a few minutes ago and tried it on the second I got home. The tailor really did a great job! I would have thought this suit was initially made in this size, and the stitching looks very good on the inside of the jacket. I am SO cutting out the size tags!! They are not even accurate anymore (and what a shocker that I didn't cut them out already. . I used to always do that)!


Meanwhile, we're bracing for a big snow storm, so my big presentation tomorrow has been postponed. What a let down after all of the work I've been doing to prepare! But it's nice to know I have a suit that I like that is ready to go when it does happen!

17 comments:

Maree said...

The suit looks great. Shame you don't get to wow them at your presentation just yet.

TJ said...

Looks great!!!!

Girl Bandit said...

Gorgeous...job well done. Shame about the presentation

Camille said...

Wow! Great tailoring. It looks like it was made for you, which I guess it was!

Last Option Atty said...

WOW! That came out very nice for the $$$$ it is certianly worth it to alter a St. John suit! Looks good one would never know! I have a few things I'd like to get altered I need to get on that! I am in Maryland this storm is crazy! Stay warm and safe!

Bandster said...

You look great!

Sarah said...

Beautiful Catherine! Something to be said for a great tailor, isn't there?!?!?

MandaPanda said...

Looks fantastic!

Linda said...

Glad to see it turned out well. I was going through my closet and debating about holding on to some good pieces I have for tailoring. It's hard to know how much they can take in.
I'm so tired of this snow - stay safe.

momma2fi said...

Wonderful! Looks great - thank goodness that the tailor did a good job! Is this the St. John? I love their clothes.

Gen said...

Beautiful! Wow. Try to enjoy your snow day(s)!

LDswims said...

Beautiful - and very professional! You look stunning and very well put together! What a combination! Hope you stay warm in this weather!

DB said...

Beautiful suit! Looks like it was made for you.

jennyr1222 said...

The suit looks fantastic! Hilarious by the way, I always know when I'm wearing a pair of your pants (like today) because they have no tags in them!! xoxo

Catherine55 said...

Jen -- that is too funny! Half the time, I had no idea what size things were on the way down b/c there weren't any tags in anything!!

BTW, I still have another big bag of clothing for you. . let's make a plan -- it's all going to be too big for you soon, if it's not already!

Bianca said...

Beautiful suit and you look great in it.

I often remove tags from my clothing as well, too funny.

Mary said...

You Look FABULOUS! you have really done amazing! you are still such an inspiration to me! we are so close to our goals! well your a little closer LOL.

lol I remember when you sent me those clothes all the size tags were cut out of them. thank you again for getting me thru that size of clothes! it really helped at the time.