Sunday, February 21, 2010

Year of the Tiger!

I know it's not the Year of the Leopard, but whatever! :)
Have I ever told you guys about Operation 2010? Welllll. . . last year, my friend Marjorie and I were complaining to one another that we never meet anyone, and we decided to switch things up to get out of our rut. So, we formulated Plan 2009. . which involved us doing new things that would take us out of our usual orbit and mix it up a bit! Not only did this plan expose us to lots of fun events, but we also have met so many great people as a result of it. In fact, it went so well that we've carried it over to the new year. . and now it's in full-fledged OPERATION mode! :)

So, Miss M decided to throw a party to get together friends new and old, and the Chinese New Year was a great occasion! The party was last night, and it was a big success! About 40 or 50 people turned out for it, and we had a great time. Happily, the lychee martinis that I made were a hit (you can see that they are almost all gone in the photo below)!
I'm not a particularly superstitious person, but I do like to read my horoscope now and then. Well, last year, when Chinese New Year rolled around, I wasn't in the greatest place. I was still reeling from my breakup, worried about losing my job due to the state of the economy, etc. My friend George -- who is a total sweetheart -- decided to e-mail me my Chinese horoscope for the year. Surely he must not have read it first, because it was THE WORST horoscope I have EVER read! Honestly, it threw me into a bit of a funk! It basically told me that last year was going to be a terrible one for my love life and that it would be very stressful in general -- total gloom and doom situation. While 2009 was a great year in many ways because of my band, that horrible-scope was actually pretty much dead on.
-
BUT! This year -- the Year of the Tiger -- my horoscope is fantastic! It was a pleasure to read. . lots of good news on the love front in particular. :) Very welcome news indeed, and I am seriously looking forward to all of it coming true!

14 comments:

Jacquie said...

You look great in the dress! Martini's looke like they were a hit! This will be your year in dating game, you'll see! I finally started a blog to get ready for the "B" day, 3/24 so if you ever want to drop in, please do!

Thank you for all you share!

Gilly said...

I love that idea, and I am totally stealing it! That's it...this is the year of crazy social me! And I love the dress...I went to a "cougar night" the other night, and that would have been SO awesome to wear! When you're too skinny for it, send it my way ;)

Camille said...

What an AWESOME dress. You really look great.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful year on the love front! I bet it will be awesome, you look amazing!

Girl Bandit said...

What a great idea....I am so glad your horoscope is sending all the good stuff your way. You and Miss M look stunning by the way!!! Do you think you will ever tire of the compliments...I wouldn't!!!! LOL

Ali said...

I love this idea for the year! Would love to try one of those lychee drinks, too. Looks like a fun time was had!

One of my favorite candle scents has lychee in it, wonder if the drink smells as good? :-)

I have not read my chinese horoscope, as I don't generally go for that type of thing, but I may have to check mine out!

You look HOT in that dress too, btw.

--Ali

MB said...

Here's to meeting Mr. Right this year!!! Oh, and just so you're forewarned, no matter how suave, he'll probably trip over himself or say something completely ridiculous if he sees you in that dress. But it'll be a great story to tell the grandkids. :)

Inspiration said...

Great photo! You are so hot! :) Funny you mention the chinese new year horoscope -- because last year my hubby's was the worst and it really set a a negative tone for him. While my 2009 was supposed to be fantastic. Unfortunately 2010 is reversed and I am supposed to have the worst year in a long time. Let's hope it's wrong!

THE DASH! said...

Oooh sexy dress - I love it (going with the Tiger theme perhaps??)... This is TOTALLY going to be your year.. look at what last year bought and it can only get better :)

Jess said...

Tiger, leopard, cheetah...any way you look at it, it's the year of the saucy Cat!

LDswims said...

I hope this IS your year! There's no reason for it not to be, that's for sure! You look amazing in that dress and I love the idea of the New Year party! Looks like a fun time if the empty jar is any indication!

Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

You go tiger! You look gorgeous in the dress... I'm sure that you'll have so much more in the way of relationships this year - just think about all that self-work you did last year! Well worth it... And thanks for your sweet post on my site... Yes, a shopping trip to NYC is definitely in the cards at smoe point!

headin_to_mxico said...

Love the dress AND the horoscope!

DB said...

Love the dress - you look fantastic! I have a feeling this is going to be your year Lady Catherine :)