Total cheesecake. . . lol
Ahhhhhh!! It's here!! My shopping miracle dress arrived tonight. Meanwhile, I'd been at Boot Camp, so I actually showered and reapplied makeup just to be worthy of trying on this dress! This is a dress that I was stalking for quite a while, and I can hardly believe my luck in finding it!This affair began on March 7th, when I first found this dress during a trip to Lord & Taylor with fellow bandster and friend, Tracy. At the time, I thought it was by Cynthia Steffe, but it's actually a Kay Unger. When I first tried it on, the 10 was a bit too tight. I went back to try it again when my mom was visiting, but just couldn't justify the purchase. THEN, I went back two weekends ago to find it, and the dress was on the clearance rack for $100 less than the original price. BUT, there was no 10 in sight. I even got on the floor and looked under the racks (tons of dresses down there). . we even checked the fitting rooms -- agh! No 10s! The next closest size was a 6, and . . well, there is no way that was happening. . . !
Then the quest began in earnest. I had Lord & Taylor check all other stores. Not a 10 to be found. I then called three other L&Ts because I wasn't convinced the person in NYC checked all of their stores. I got my shopper at Saks involved. . but they don't carry the dress. I searched all over the Internet, but only could find it at Neiman's, and they didn't have my size on-line. So, I called Neiman's. . they said they MIGHT have one in California. But, they called and it was gone. (OMG, this story is so long. . are you still awake?!? I swear, it gets slightly more interesting in a sec. . . hang in there!!)
Cut to me stalking the NM website every single day until. . . last week, a 10 miraculously appeared on the site. Now, here's the weird part. . . Marjorie and I had been joking (er, but we weren't really joking) that if I found the dress, that would be God's way of telling me to attend Jessica & Chris's wedding. Yes, that's the dress I was planning to wear (and hopefully give PP trauma!). BUT, the dress did not actually appear until . . . (insert Twilight Zone music. . ) . . . the very morning AFTER I bowed out of the wedding!
So, I guess God wanted me to have it after all. . but just not to go to the wedding. ;) And, God was so great as to give me an even better deal than at L&T. I got the dress for more than $150 off the original price at L&T. Thank God! Literally. :)
And, it just occurred to me what the very best part of this whole story is. I actually like shopping again. I get excited about putting on a pretty dress now, rather than dread it. I'm not afraid to try to zip it up, put on some heels and face friends and strangers, and I no longer stress out, wondering if they will think I look fat and/or fatter than I did the last time they saw me. Being free from that is such an amazing feeling, and I'd gladly give up this dress a hundred times over to keep that feeling! (Not to mention that I can actually wear heels all night now without my feet hurting to the point that it ruins half the fun.) I think about these kinds of things a lot, and I am overwhelmed by how grateful I feel to have been able to be banded and to make this work. I'm also very grateful for all of your support and friendship, which has been (and continues to be) a huge source of comfort, encouragement and inspiration for me.

19 comments:
Love the dress! You look amazing in it! AMAZING! You were made for that dress! So glad you found it! And, I'm so impressed with your never-give-up attitude! You are definitely wearing it with God's blessings...
So many of the things you shared in this post could have been written by me...enjoying the shopping, stressing over putting the dress on, wondering what people will think when they look at me, worrying over my feet killing me.....ah yes, I know it all so well!
Praise the band (this is the second time I've said this in the last hour!)
Onward!
Judi
The dress looks amazing on you, but what is even more amazing is the GLOW you have. You seriously just radiate happiness. Congrats!
Love it OMG!!!! Gorgeous! And the story is great. The Band is the best thing ever.
Thanks so much for offering to answer the SOB questions. I am trying to put a link to the questions on the blog. Amy W. is answering this week. Do you want to do next week? Or whenever you have time! Thank you SO much!
It is gorgeous and looks amazing on you!!!
I can not wait to meet you in Chicago. You've been such a huge inspiration!
This dress is definitely the universe telling you that you were right not to go to the wedding - and you look fabulous! Enjoying shopping (and being able to shop in "normal" shops is definitely a big plus!
The dress accentuates your tiny waist! Very nice!! You really do look great in it.
lol Love the way you talk things around. Very sweet. You look beautiful in that dress and the dress likewise on you. Good for you for holding out for exactly what you wanted. Your figure in that sexy sheath looks tiny.
Oh wow...you were meant to have that dress....love the story. I can so relate to that feeling about shopping and life and now I am starting to try things on and not buy them because I don't like the look rather than they don't fit...such a joy!!!
What a beautiful post Catherine! The band really is a great tool and I look at your journey and see that it is possible to attain all that I want!
Definitely meant for you - absolutely gorgeous!!! You are just stunning... Congrats - so glad you found it!
Va-Va-Va-Voom - you go!!!!
beautiful! you look like a pinup model! umm...the classy ones that is :-)
He would have died if he saw you in this dress! It looks like it was made for you.
I don't know if I can't wait another year to feel as fantastic as you clearly do now. Thanks for being the inspiration to get there though!
sigh...I love that dress....it is so beautiful...you look so amazing in it too! :o)
I LOVE shopping now too...it makes me smile when I can fit into the clothes that Ive always wanted to wear, the fun trendy hip clothes that I could never get in my size now I can Thank you Band....
I'm a new follower and have finished reading your blog from the beginning. You look absolutely stunning, and you are positively glowing in your photos!
Congratulations on reaping the rewards of your hard work.
I'm scheduled for surgery on 5/19/10. So excited to begin my journey.
www.bandeato.blogspot.com
SHAZAM!!!!! OMG YOU LOOK SO HAWT~!
Hottest picture EVER
You look fabulous in that dress - go out and rock the look.
Thanks for writing such an inspiring blog, you give us 'newbie bandsters' solid advice and a ton of hope.
you look AMAZING!!!
i love how you have your leg bent, hehe ! you look so cute!!
ohh my just read about you in gens sob stories blog! and you're such an inspiration!! im now off to read your blog from start to finish....i have to get up for work in ohh 7 hours...lol...but i am totally obsessed by bandster blogs!! i am 9 days post op and loving this new feeling of hope!!
take care kelly xx
Post a Comment