I was thinking recently about how much fun shopping and getting dressed has become since I got banded, and especially as I got closer to goal. It suddenly dawned on me that . . . I feel a little bit like a girl with a new Barbie . . . but that Barbie is me! How silly is that?! But seriously, it's a lot of fun after years of being substantially overweight to have a body that I can dress in all kinds of cute outfits. It's nice to have less restrictive fashion parameters, not to have to worry about Spanx or showing my arms, and to be able to shop anywhere.Last weekend, I went out to Fire Island with Marjorie and a few other friends (we shared a house out there) and had a great time. I got to pack a bunch of new outfits (most of which you've already seen in other photos), felt comfortable at the beach in my bikini, and was just generally comfortable and not in a funk because of my weight. It's just so nice to be free from all those negative feelings about weight.

8 comments:
YAY!!! I hope to someday become a Barbie too. For now, my kids are my Barbies...especially the baby! ;-)
Barbie has nothing on you! You are looking amazing! I am sure you turned quite a few heads at the beach in your hot bikini! <3
Great post, Catherine! So glad you had a great time and could enjoy yourself without the constant gnawing of weight problems.
Ever catch yourself eyeballing something in the store and think it looks too small only to try it on and it fits - or better yet is too big? Oh, yeah that's a great moment.
I still see the world though fat tinted glasses....but I'll get there one day :)
Great post as it is so wonderful to hear someone enjoying the fruits of their hard labors! I hope to be there before too long myself.
Congrats!
What a great feeling!
Congrats...that is awesome...I am getting closer but not yet bikini ready. I would love to hear apost about what you eat now on a regular day....congrats
Those are awesome rewards for your hard work!
Post a Comment