Monday, June 7, 2010

Fill Adjustment

First, I have to thank you guys for all of your extremely nice comments on my last post! I could not believe how many people commented, and you were all so incredibly positive and supportive that it just made me feel great! Thank you!!

On Friday, I went in to Dr. Ren's office to get a tiny un-fill. I'd been at 3.0 in my 5 cc band, and it was just the tiniest bit too much. I was having more trouble eating and a tiny bit of reflux here and there. Actually, being too tight isn't much help for me on the weight loss front because I spent the time from my last fill until Friday making food choices that weren't as good as they could have been if I wasn't favoring foods that went down more easily.
So, I went in to Dr. Ren and had her take out .1 ccs. I am now at 2.9 ccs in my 5.0 cc band. That is just .05 up from the sweet spot where I happily stayed for around 11 months. So far, this seems like a decent spot for me, and I'm hopeful that this is a spot where I'll be able to stay indefinitely.

In other news, I engaged in some more backsliding behavior with C this weekend. I really need to meet someone else so that he and I can transition to just being friends, permanently. I just so much would prefer to be with someone who is crazy about me and dying to be in a relationship with me. That's what I want, and it's frustrating to me that it's so hard to find.

9 comments:

Jacquie said...

I am going for a fill today Catherine and I am at 1.8 in a 5 cc band. I should bring the pic of you in your bikini and tell him I need to be at 2.9 so that I can look just like you! Just kidding but if it were only that easy, huh?

Regarding C, you have to do what you must now but don't worry, you WILL FIND MR RIGHT and he will adore you...that is a promise!

Thank you for your kind words the other day on my blog about my Dad and BIL. Its been very hard for my sister and I but each day seems to bring a little more healing.

Amy W. said...

Okay. So I just went back and caught up on your blog! Can I just say that you are stunning. And I am so proud of you for posting your swimsuit picture. Your body is amazing. I didnt read the 54 comments after that post, but I bet they all said the same thing :)

Tell you mom she is looking beautiful as well!

karen said...

it is amazing to me how well your band works and you know exactly where you need to be with your fills. I hope I do as well. Awesome bathing suit pic. You are definite a band warrior.

On the C front - just quit looking and then there he'll be. And He will definitely notice that rocking body your sporting these days

Suzi said...

Your post makes me wonder if perhaps I am a tad too tight and would make bettr food choices if it wasn't so hard to get everything down. It seems like it is a very thin line between too tight and perfect restriction. You are looking wonderful!

MandaPanda said...

Backsliding happens. It would certainly be easier to fall into that "friendly" place if there was someone else in the picture. Don't worry. It WILL happen.

Girl Bandit said...

I don't get why some of you do not have amazing men in your lives when you are so amazing...perhaps you are too amazing!!! Don' sweat about C...if you have some fun and enjoy the company...then no one is getting hurt...however if it is detrimental....then go cold turkey. Hope the little unfill get s you back to your sweet spot

Angie Cummings said...

It is really hard to walk away from the menfolk, don't I know it. There is no doubt in my mind you'll find that guy... But if you feel like seeing C stops you from feeling open to it, that's an issue.q

Cindylew said...

Hang in there...he will come when you stop looking. Do NOT give up...I repeat, do NOT give up. I met my guy 4 1/2 years ago when I was 44 (we was 36). I'm not implying it will take you as long as it took me...I'm just saying you need to stay open to all possibilities. Put the checklist away (if there is one) and just meet everyone who might be interesting.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Oh girl, I know exactly that kind of guy and it's frustrating. It's one of the only times I think this saying is fitting; "He just isn't that into you." Because, like you, I think you deserve to be with a man who is crazy about you and wants you 100%, not just here or there, dibble or dabble! :/