My best bargain for fall . . a $29 military jacket from H&M
Just kidding about the title! I'm not an out of control shopper, but now that I'm finally at a weight that is either my final weight (152 this morning, size 8 or 10, depending on the cut) or close enough that clothes will still fit if I lose a few pounds, it has been VERY tempting to buy new clothes all the time. It's actually fun to shop and try things on now, which is adding fuel to that fire! ;)
-
Still, I actually need clothing. None of my old stuff fits! And, I'm actually a little smaller than my old "thin" size, so even the "thin" pants that I kept from 2000 (Banana Republic size 10) are a bit too baggy to wear these days. I was pretty well stocked up for summer, but now that it's fall and winter is around the corner, I'm finding myself with nothing to wear again!
-
During the past few months, I've bought several dresses for work, two suits, some workout clothing, undies and bras, boots, shoes and sweaters. I've also bought a few low-dollar items at H&M (I love that store), like cute tops for going out, some cardigans to help take my work dresses into fall and a military jacket (see photo).
-
There are still so many things that I need though. Things like sweaters, pajamas, new sneakers, etc. It's a strange thing to be starting from zero with my wardrobe. Still, it's fun to shop and I'm just trying to buy a reasonable amount at a time. The plus side of all of this is that I really like every single thing I have that is in my current size, and I've gotten rid of 99% of the old stuff (keeping things like my Jared pants, of course!). Good thing I do like everything . . . because I don't have that many choices and wind up wearing the same things over and over!

25 comments:
Have fun and good for you - what a great thing to "HAVE" to do!!! Congrats - and love the jacket!!!
The economy is definitely going to get a boost when I reach my goal weight! I love the military jacket. I just got one as well. (XL normal size, not plus) You look lovely and please keep posting. You are my daily dose of inspiration.
Score on that great jacket! Enjoy the shopping my dear, you deserve it!
Love that jacket!!!!! I'm with Sara what a great thing to "HAVE" to do! :) You look beautiful in all the Chicago pics by the way!!!!
I saw the title of your blog and I thought you were going to start talking about ME!! AHH! I cant imagine getting down to 152 and being able to wear everything in every store I go to! Do you know how dangerous this is?!
Love the military jacket!! H&M is an awesome store!
Shop away, you deserve it. You looked amazing in everything you wore in Chicago!
You deseerve to shop! you've done so well. your an inspiiration
What a fun, fun problem! Happy shopping :)
I love that jacket....hmmm...a lunch time trip to H&M might be in the works :)
If I'm loving the interim shopping, I'll be in hog heaven at goal! Congrats on your whole process.
Oh, what a delightful problem to have! I'm constantly talking myself out of things because they will be too big next season. H&M has been a cheap god-send!
Love the current MILITARY look...everything and anything I can find!
You are so lucky to live in the one of the best shopping cities in the WORLD!
Also, the best deals are online...Have fun baby! LOOKING HOT!
You are so beautiful!!!
Love the new jacket. It really looks nice on you too. Am loving the military jackets that are so popular this year.
How fun to HAVE to buy new clothes. I bought a few things, but mostly stick to thrift/consignment just because I am sure I'm not done losing yet (at least I hope not!).
Lucky bloggers to have H&M close by...
It is so weird to be shopping! But I'll take this kind of weird any day.
Love the jacket!
I had to do the same thing - I had nothing for fall! Love the military jacket, so cute! <3
Cute jacket! I so wish we had an H&M here in Denver. Although the rumor is it is coming.
I was banded yesterday so I am extremely excited about getting to the point where I can discard the too big clothes and work my way down into my smaller bins of clothes that I have been saving for when I lose weight. Of course, anything I have in 6 or 8 will probably be so out of style I'll need to buy new anyway.
You look great!
Libby - http://thisonetimeinbandcamp.blogspot.com/
I hear you on the shopping. I still shop a lot and have nothing to wear!!! How does that happen? Did your shoe size go down? That is what amazed me!
Love that jacket - I need to check out H&M for transitional clothes.
It must be great to be at a pretty stable size and really start shopping.
I have to shop for Winter though - I just realized I don't have a winter coat!
BTW - it was so nice meeting you in Chicago.
That's a great picture of you and seeing your face made me miss you.
Love the Jacket!! I am having the same problem no fall/winter clothes..I need to find a money tree or even better win a shopping spree!
Lucky you! I overshop and I'm still a ways from goal! Enjoy the shopping!
I loooooove the new threads! What a nice "problem" to have. :-)
Dang it! I just caught up on your blog from Chicago and your pictures are GREAT!!!! Makes me sad all over again I didnt get to spend more time with you. Oh well...this was just the start.
I feel you on the shopping sister.
Sigh... what's a girl to do? You can't walk around naked. Shop you must...
I missed the H&M store in Chicago... I really wanted to go there, but I'd already spent enough. We don't have it here where I live, maybe I'll go online? I'm so happy we have similar tastes in clothing... especially because you're a NYC girl... I wonder if what I like here in the metropolis of SLC is even remotely fashionable. No pressure, but I'm keeping my eye on you for fashion trends...
Post a Comment