Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Date Update. .

I have to admit. . . it was a pretty darned good date! I wound up going to brunch with Chris at one of my favorite spots, and we had a really nice time. We talked up a storm, found out that we have quite a few things in common, and just generally had a great time! After brunch, we walked around Soho, and went into a few stores, including one of my favorite clothing stores, New York Look (cheesy name, amazing clothes). I wound up finding a really gorgeous dress from Tracy Reese, and buying it to wear to my cousin's 40th b-day dinner at 21 Club that night.

Chris definitely had a hand in my purchasing decision! He was really complimentary about how the dress looked. I felt like it was a liiiiiiiitle short for me (it is about an inch above the knee. . and my legs have always been among my top-two least favorite body parts), and I said that -- and he asked the salesman to talk me out of that thinking, saying that I have "great legs"! I can tell you without question that that is the FIRST time in my entire life that anyone has ever said that about me.

But, you know what? After 1 1/2 years of hard core working out -- including all of the spinning I've been doing during the past few months -- I looked down at my legs in the dress to evaluate, and was surprised to see that they actually looked pretty good. I hadn't realized how much they had changed until that moment. So, dear readers, I bought the dress! (Photos to follow! I wasn't able to bring my camera, but others took pictures. . which maybe I'll see. . one day!)

Date no. 3 is this Friday -- I'm really looking forward to it! And, he actually CALLED ME ON THE TELEPHONE yesterday to set up a plan. Yes, dear readers. A man who knows how to use a phone for more than just texting! Will wonders never cease?!. . :)

20 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm happy for you, he sounds really nice!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Everyone deserves a great guy and it sure does sound like he is. Enjoy!

Catherine55 said...

I can't believe that I forgot to mention that he held my hand all day when we were walking around. So nice! :)

Mary said...

Oh my goodness! I am loving these date details!! He sounds so nice! Good for you! ;)

Justawallflower said...

hahaha! that is great! I am so excited for you! I love to see others happy, and it is obvious that you are! I would love to see pics of the dress as well!

Liz said...

That sounds like such fun! And I love love love the hand holding. A guy who will hold my hand definitely gets many bonus points.

Sarah said...

Whooo Hoooo!!!! VERY exciting - I can't wait to hear how it works out! And congrats on the dress - you DO have amazing legs!

Stephanie M. said...

How wonderful! And I agree that you have gorgeous gams.

MB said...

YEA!!! This sounds great (hand holding and all), and I can't wait to see dress pics.

Barbara said...

I am absorbed and totally enaged in your updates!!! And hope it turns out like those novels. .. Love still prevails.. you go girl!!

-Grace- said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see where this goes for you Catherine!

Ali said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Glad to hear about someone having POSITIVE dates, since that seems to be in short supply here.

Joey said...

Nice Stems, lady!

Sigh.... dream day! Love club 21! I like to image I'm Grace Kelly when I'm there.

Nella said...

I am so happy for you!
Have a blast!

MandaPanda said...

Yay for the "great legs" compliment and a man who knows how to utilize a phone for something other than "apps"! Hope y'all have a great time on date #3

CC said...

lovely! keeping my fingers crossed!

Cindylew said...

I've got a really good feeling about this dude...like we might all be reading about the two of you together for years to come. Don't laugh...this is how it's supposed to happen my lovely friend.

Read said...

That sounds fantastic, I'm thrilled for you and anxious to hear about date three, hot legs!

DiZneDiVa said...

You do have great legs... I should have rubbed up against you in Chicago in case it is contagious... That sounds dirty, but I'm ok with that! It sounds like you're really enjoying Chris' company. I'm so happy for you. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Ginger aka Gidget said...

He sounds like a catch! :) You go girl!