FINALLY!!! I hit the elusive 80 pounds down mark! I saw 149.6 on my scale this morning!! I haven't seen a number in the 140s since 1997 (phen-fen. . need I say more?). It took four months (since July 6, 2010) for me to get off this last 1.2 pounds. And, I will tell you that I'm pretty sure it's not a "real" loss or one that will stay with me for long. I actually got some kind of stomach bug last weekend. It was kind of scary on Sunday night because I literally woke up every hour, on the hour (brace yourself. . TMI coming. . .) to retch into the lovely toilet, among other things. Glamorous, no? No. :P There was nothing to throw up. . . I would just heave a few times, feel better and go back to bed. . . until the next hour.
I was worried about my band during all of this. I also debated going to the hospital, but since I wasn't actually vomiting and only heaved a few times per instance before I felt better, it didn't seem warranted. And, everything seems to be fine. Had it been worse, I would have gone in for an un-fill. Anyway, after that wonderful night, I stayed home from work on Monday and haven't been feeling 100% until maybe last night. That said, I have been eating decently well the past two days. I haven't made it to the gym all week because I wasn't feeling up to it, so the loss isn't not due to that. I'm thinking it may have a bit to do with my giving up wine all week and drinking tons of water to rehydrate. . .
Real or not, I saw a number in the 140s today, so I'm going to run with it! I'm pretty sure my body wants to be in the 150s. But, it sure was exciting to see 149.6 on the scale this morning. I had thought I might see it earlier in the week . . actually, I kept thinking of that crazy line in The Devil Wears Prada, where the girl says "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight!" Sick thinking!! But a funny line nonetheless.

9 comments:
Wow, that's amazing, congrats!
Amazing! Congratulations!!!! Feel better!
LOL...that 4 is a good number to see. I can't wait until I'm there! Congrats! And love Devil Wears Prada...so funny and true. BTW you look awesome as you are now! So glad you are happy with how you look now (and why wouldn't you be!) and not focused on a scale number. That's a very healthy (physically and mentally) way to be. That's why you have rocked this band!
Love that line from the movie! Congrats on arriving in the land of the 140s, I just arrived here myself... :)
It is extremely exciting... I think the 150's looked great on you but 149. Just ride it and see where it takes you! You are a rock star! *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..."
"I also debated going to the hospital, but since I wasn't actually vomiting and only heaved a few times per instance before I felt better, it didn't seem warranted."
I don't think we can vomit because of the band. If you get sick again where you're heaving and it doesn't go away, I think an unfill is appropriate. Your body's trying to rid itself and can't. Probably why you kept waking up.
Anyway, I'd ask your doc, of course, for next time.
Woo! way to go lady! I think my body likes the 150s too, I really hope I can get to the 140s tho! xxx
Congrats pop tart...so proud of you.
Woo!
woo!
80 Good on you!
You go girl, so very happy for you! you worked that band for all it is worth!
Post a Comment