And, as if the weekend could get any better. . . I hit 84.8 pounds down this morning. 2/10ths of a pound from my ASPIRATIONAL goal. Wow!! I did not expect that and am thrilled! 145, you are nearly in my grasp!
So. . . the weekend. Wonderful would be a serious understatement. I spent the entire weekend with S, since we wound up going to see Black Swan and out to dinner (then each home to our respective apartments) on Friday night. Saturday was a great day . . I met with my best friend from 8th grade and her daughter for brunch, then went to have my hair and nails done.
Saturday night was amazing. S and I met at Fiorello's (great pre-Lincoln Center event location) for dinner. The maitre d' greeted us with champagne and gave us one of the very best tables. S was very, very appreciative of my dress and told me so more times than I can remember, which made me feel fantastic. The surprise event was a performance of the U-n-i-v-e-r-s-i-t-y Gl-e-e C-l-u-b (weird hyphens used to hopefully foil Google Alterts from picking up my post. . . ). The group is primarily of men, and they all hale from the glee clubs of a number of Ivy League schools and is a longstanding NYC tradition). They were really wonderful, and the current group from Yale sang as well -- and they were hilarious, and extremely talented.
-
What S didn't know, though, is that a partner from my very first firm is very involved in the UGC, and he was there performing, which was a huge treat for me. We also got to catch up with him and his wife at the after party, at which they had a great band (and the Club members did another impromptu performance), and S and I danced the night away! It was so much fun. I don't know when I've ever had a better time.
We actually spent Sunday and Monday together, too. On Sunday, I went to hear S play guitar with a bluegrass group, which was wonderful (and led to him bringing over his guitar, so I was serenaded at home this weekend .. amazing!), and on Monday, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and wound up having dinner at a very cute wine bar. What a phenominal weekend. We talked so much (including about that issue my friends had identified to me) and just really spent the time getting to know one another better. I'm more smitten than ever, if that's possible. . . :)
** Addendum! ** I can't believe that I forgot (!) to mention this in the first run of this post, but I told S about my band last night. We were having a heart to heart about all sorts of things, and it felt like a good idea to just mention it then and get it out of the way. He knew about lap bands in general and was totally fine in his reaction. I'm glad that I took care of that sooner than later so I didn't have to stress about it!

37 comments:
What a wonderful weekend you had! Not just with your new squeeze but with 84 down! Awesome! I'm glad you also got to spend time talking especially about any concerns you might have. Enjoy every single moment right now. Soak it up - you deserve it!
Wonderful update...Enjoy every moment. You looked beautiful!
Oh, Catherine, I'm so happy for you!!
sounds wonderful! you look fabulous!
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! You were in my old stomping grounds - I totally miss the UWS! <3
Yikes, forgot to say congrats on being even closer to the aspirational goal, you continue to rock this band! <3
Sounds like a most excellent adventure!
That is so freakin' awesome! You look so good and should be so proud of your accomplishment! What an inspiration!!! :)
Wow, wow, wow! What an incredible weekend. I keep using the word "magical" to describe your posts but that is what it seems like. Enjoy it - you deserve it. And 84 lbs down is just fantastic!
Susan at diaryofalapbandmom.blogspot.com
Best. Weekend. EVER.
YAY!!! So very, VERY happy for you... sounds like an amazing guy, and an amazing weekend!!!
Sounds like you had a heavenly weekend. I'm so happy for you!
Sounds like you guys are getting very close :)
I am so happy for you!
Sounds amazing!!! I'm so happy for you...
You go get him, girl! I couldn't be happier for you! Way to go with your weight loss!
New love AND weight loss! Man, does it get better?
Holy crap! Aspirational goal? Isn't is ASPIRATIONAL for a reason? How DARE you be so fabulous?!
That is all so very awesome and I am so incredibly happy for you! I can't wait for your next update - I love reading these blogs!!!
Bravo Catherine!
Awesome! :) You look beautiful in that pic :)
I am so happy for you and am looking forward to watching this relationship grow.
I don't know why but the entire time I was reading this post I couldn't get this song out of my head...
"today I met, the boy I'm going to marry, he's all I wanted all my life and even more"...just saying!
what an amazing weekend..seriously I think you have met your husband.You must feel good getting the band talk out of the way..we are scale twins ;)
The best news! All of it! You look gorgeous.
Catherine you look absolutely wonderful and SO, SO happy.
I am so glad for you.
You are just going from strength to strength and it shows both inside and out. Doing so great girl and wonderful news on the S front. All the places you went and saw and spent time at sound amazing.
I'm literally gushing over here reading this! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend and that the two of you seem to have such an open, honest relationship already. Sounds absolutely fabulous! And congrats on 84 down!
What a wonderful weekend! You have the coolest life :) I'm glad you talked about the issue you had with his past and came clean about your band. Honesty and openness is the key to any relationship. way to go!!
Congratulations on all your achievements. You look awesome! I wanna be like you when I grow up.
I just stumbled upon your blog and skimmed over most of it and was amazed at your progress,you look absolutely gorgeous! to say the least.
You seem like a smart and savy and accomplished girl that has a lot going for her,best of luck.Use the same mental motivation for the downs in life......all the best
DJ
HI Catherine,
It sounds like you had an amazing weekend! So happy for you!
I have a question, do you mind telling me what practice you use in NYC? I live on the UES, but my doctor is out in Long Island. He is suppose to be in the city once a month to do fills, but they have cancelled on me twice. And this is only my 2nd month. I need to change doctors ASAP. I can't run out to Long Island during the day like they think I should. Do they assume no one works? And can just run to them whenever? Frustrating!!! If you wouldn't mind, I would love to know which practice you use. Thanks in advance!
Erica
whataloser125@blogspot.com
*sighhhhhhh* Cathrine! you are amazing and Im so happy that you had an amazing wonderful weekend with S! YOU DESERVE IT! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! :-)
Woopie! To you so happy! 84!!!! Wow! You have worked hard and it paid off. You look wonderful! "S" sounds as though he was destined to meet you I hope you have a fantastic relationship that continues to make you so very happy. Thrilled for you!
Hi Catherine,
I nominated you for an award. It is posted here - http://thisonetimeinbandcamp.blogspot.com/2011/01/thank-you.html
Hope all is still going well with S.
Aweeeee I am so loving these posts!!!!! Yeahhhhh!!!!
Dearest Catherine
OK, I'm missing you. I know you're probably building your relationship with S -- and I can appreciate that. But, I miss you Bandsister!!
Post a Comment