Steve and I had such a great time in Abaco with our friends, Brooke and Stew! I've been great friends with Brooke for the past 15 years, and absolutely love her husband, too. It's so nice that they and Steve like one another, since that made for a really great mix on our vacation.
Self portrait... oh boy... my hair was a disaster the entire trip!

Steve, at the beach behind Pete's Pub, our go-to spot for delicious rum drinks called "Blasters" and incredibly fresh fish!

Brooke & Stew, enjoying Blasters at the beach!
We used a cute little golf cart to get from the house to the beach. It was a bumpy trip, but a lot of fun! The house belongs to some family friends of Steve's, and they were so nice to lend it to us for the trip. We felt very lucky to be able to be there -- it was really a spectacular place!
On the cart with Brooke!
Me, on one of the docks at the house! The house was very cool, and had three pink "pods," each having a separate function, including a bedroom suite and a living/dining/kitchen suite.
On one of the days, we drove out to a community called Cherokee, to see the longest dock in the Bahamas. It was in an unbelievably beautiful setting, and we spent a good part of the day soaking up the sun there.
Stew, on arrival at Long Dock Beach

This is the first vacation of my life where I had a different bikini for every day of the trip. In looking at the photos (and let's face it, I'm not putting the ones I'm talking about up on the blog! LOL), I see that I could stand some improvement in the stomach and thigh area. But, it's such a big improvement from where I started that I don't really care.
This bikini is a $20 number that I picked up at Target! Oh, how I love that store!

The day after we were at Long Dock Beach, we booked ourselves on an island hop -- which involved us going on a dive boat to a few reefs for snorkling, and then on to Harbour Town on Elbow Cay to see the amazing old lighthouse there.
Me & Steve at the top of the lighthouse.... you can still see the mask lines on my face! I made it too tight! Ack!
I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Steve is a really good guitar player. So, when he found out that a few musicians were going to be jamming at Pete's Pub on Friday night, he offered to join... and wound up doing a set while the main performer went home for a shower! (I love island life!) :)

On our last day there, it rained a bit in the morning, and we were treated to a FULL rainbow -- we could see it, end-to-end from the terrace, and it was truly spectacular!

And, that's what I did on my five day vacation! It really was a great time, and we're already thinking about what island to explore next in the Bahamas! (I think Harbour Island may get the vote... but we'll see!)
11 comments:
AAHHHHH Pete's Pub! So love that place! Thanks for bringing back great memories! Wish I would have been able to visit there with my bikini....maybe next time (all of our pix from that trip are of the beautiful scenery...no people!!! HaHa!). Looks like an amazing trip....you two are just made for each other! What a lucky guy he is!
Just bought my daughter (a size 2...lucky her) a few bikinis at Target when she was home for Spring Break....they really have great bathing suits at great prices!
You look amazing in your bikini!
Onward!
Judi
What a fun time! Check out Spanish Wells (island off of Eleuthera)...interesting people live there yet completely isolated. We did a week there once.
Thanks for these pictures - I just took a nice mental vacation here at my desk :) You look fantastic!
I love me some beach! The pictures are great and hair too! lol
It looks really incredible. Glad you had such a good time.
Looks and sounds amazing!
Looks so beautiful... and I love you rocking that bikini! What a Victory!
they are so layed back there...no timeline...don't be in a hurry...I need that here!
That looks like a wonderful lovely trip!
Great pictures!!!!!!
Great pictures!! I love that you have 5 bikinis.
I got a great bikini from Athleta, I am sure you know about them-- but their mail order service was great and the suit I got is rockin and fits very well...
But I don't know why I'm suggesting more bikini shopping because you are a master shopping woman, as it is!! Glad you're having so much fun, you deserve it.
Post a Comment