Thursday, March 1, 2012

@$!%!!

Guess what I gave up for Lent? Cookies? No. Ice cream? NO. Pork products? Have you lost your mind?! I gave up saying bad words.
Want to know how it's going? Not that +!#*%* well! I have messed up more times than I can count. But, I'm trying, and I'm at least being conscious about it, so hopefully that is a step in the right direction. I just thought that Lent would be a good excuse to clean up my act and stop dropping the F and S bombs in casual conversation. It's very common in NYC for people to say the F word (in its many forms... noun, verb, adjective, with an -er appended to it, etc.). But, I do notice that when I hear other people who I don't know very well drop that word into conversation, it doesn't sound all that great.
-
Are you giving up anything for Lent? Or just working on anything specific right now?

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

I gave up fast food, though I had one relapse on Saturday... oops. :(

Don't tell anyone. lol

Theresa said...

That's a great idea Catherine. I gave up drinking....OY! It's going fine so far, but man...I miss my wine!

MandaPanda said...

I gave up chocolate. So far, so good but I seriously miss it and it seems that cadbury eggs are following me around, tempting me. I like yours though...I may steal it from you next year or maybe start a cuss jar at home. No reason to wait until next year to improve myself right? LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm giving up solid food for at least 4 weeks (getting my band tomorrow!) - so there's no way I'm giving up swearing :)

Lisa said...

LOL at Chris' comment!!

Hmm I so need to stop the swearing as much too. I know this and cringe internally when I say things sometimes. But I honestly think the "F" word has so much variety.

Good luck!!

Used2bFat said...

I worked on my swearing a few years ago and now don't swear in conversations, but find that when I write or blog, the f-bomb makes a show ... a lot! I like swearing, it has always been a part of who I am, but with kids I had to give it up!

Sarah said...

That's a fabulous idea. I am trying to be more patient with those around me. Doing something extra instead of giving something up. xx

Beth Ann said...

That is hilarious, because I just can't picture you dropping f bombs like a sailor. Awesome!

But it a great committment for Lent and trying is the important part. :)

Susan said...

I totally agree - I find myself cringing after I do it!