Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New (or should I say Na-Na-New) Celeb Spotting

I can not believe that I forgot to mention this earlier! On Friday night, I took Steve out for dinner as a thank you for several really nice things he's done for me recently, and we went to Nobu in Tribeca. Guess who was at the very next table?!? Robin Williams! AKA Mork!
Being NYC-ers, we didn't bother him (and tried to act like we were too cool to care -- er, which we're totally not), but there was a table of French tourists who basically accosted him as he was leaving. There were FIVE of them, and they asked him to pose individually with each of them!! That seemed really outrageous to me, but he could not have been more lovely or gracious. He even broke out a few French phrases when speaking with them, much to their delight.
-
On a less exciting note, I was shopping in the Meatpacking District on Sunday, and former Bond Girl, Jane Seymour took her sweet d@mned time hogging the door at a store I like as she was coming in and my friend and I were trying to leave! She may be a door-hogger, but she was extremely well-dressed and beautiful.
-
That's it, lovelies!! Had a great workout at spin tonight, am trying to SHRED IT for a trip to the Bahamas next week, and have got to get to bed! Sweet dreams.

11 comments:

MB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MB said...

Awesome and awesome! I love your celeb sightings! :)

Lisa said...

Interesting about Robin Williams. Years ago - I was travelling in North Carolina and was sitting outside at a French Patisserie. Robin was there filming the incredible movie, "What Dreams May Come". I saw a much darker side of him that day. I was having lunch there and so was he, reading the newspaper about 2 tables away. A couple came over and asked for an autograph and a picture and he was harsh to them and said no. Ironically, it didn't change my perception of him and I have always liked his persona on the screen. When I finally saw the movie, it was very dark and deep and maybe he was in the moment.

My favorite NYC siting however was sitting next to Martin Scorsese at the Palm Court at the Plaza Hotel before we flew out. There were only three tables booked in the whole place and I was internally smitten. I too feel the same way and didn't want to bother him. I did however walk out and call my mother and grandmother because we are Sicilian and it was pretty cool to be sitting next to our favorite screen writer and director. :) I love hearing about your sitings!

Dinnerland said...

Love your clever post titles-- always!
And I totally relate to your thoughts in your previous post: I hate thinking that people are thinking I was heavier once. Ugh.
Finally: I am so with you on the celebs/ NY'er style-- my hubs and I once sat right next to Mark Wahlberg and his wife and kid on the UWS in a Mexican restaurant and we didn't say a work.
Not to mention countless other celeb sightings. If you look: they really are everywhere in NY!

Gen said...

Here's my Robin story - one weekend in NYC when DH and I were still young and unmarried, we found ourselves standing on a street corner next to Robin Williams. DH did the obvious (to him) thing: "Hey Robin, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Gen." He very politely shook my hand, said he was happy to meet me, and crossed the street. :)

MandaPanda said...

That's awesome! I once saw Ashton Kutcher and Tara Reid at the Hardrock Hotel in Vegas. I would've MUCH rather have seen Mork!

Rhonda said...

I totally wouldn't have been able to play it cool for the entire meal. I love Robin Williams. :)

Beth Ann said...

I love that you called him Mork. :) That's kicking it Old School!

A.J. said...

Living in Nashville we liked to play "what country music singer did I see today?"

Kristin said...

You so love such a cool life...honestly!

Have fun in the sandy beaches and surf!

Janice said...

I forgot that Robin Williams ever looked that young. What a blast from the past. :) I always enjoy reading about your life. Very different lifestyle in NY than the middle of the country. I'm enjoying vicariously! Happy Weekend!