Monday, June 15, 2015

Still Struggling...

I am having a hell of a time getting off this weight.  I'm sure that my recent unfill is part of the issue -- though it has reduced my reflux to pretty much zero, which is a very good thing, and I know that I needed to do it.  This morning, I was still at 161.4.  I keep bouncing around in this range.  That a small unfill can make a difference tells me that I might well be up the creek if I ever were to lose my band.

Now... am I REALLY having a hell of a time getting the weight off, or am I just annoyed that it hasn't come off despite that I've only made a few changes to my behavior?  OK... OK... I admit it!!  I haven't been watching what I eat as much as I need to to lose these pounds!  I know that I just have to be even more diligent about working out and focus on making the right food choices.  I've been reasonably good on the food end, but it's been hard to get to my workouts as much as I would like because I've been working longer hours this year.

Still, I'm weighing in every day and am determined not to let these few pounds turn into something more significant -- and to get them the heck off as quickly as I can.  I want to see my goal range on the scale every day again, and I'm determined to get there.

4 comments:

Amy W. said...

So much for my "just one good poop" theory. You are so very close to being back where you want to be though...and...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

Catherine,
The struggle is real and we should never forget that. When I fall into my "magical thinking" phases where I actually believe that WLS is a free ride and that I don't have to do the work to keep my weight down then I'm in trouble. I remind myself that every day decisions about food and exercise REALLY DO MATTER. There's no free ride. Now get yourself to the gym!
Tracey

RenewedBand said...

I'm finding it MUCH, MUCH harder to lose weight after a regain. Thankfully you only have a few pounds to go and I have dozens, but I'm sure the struggle is just as hard. If you figure out the secret, please let me know! I'm very glad I had the unfill I needed and am not sick anymore, but man oh man, being hungry again kind of sucks. Stop by my new blog if you get a moment...I could totally use the support - http://renewedband.blogspot.com

Amanda Kiska said...

I have had two re-gains since reaching goal. The first was about twenty pounds and the second about eight. It was a struggle both times to get things back under control and get back to goal. For me it was always little shifts, like drinking too many high-calorie coffee drinks. I found using the My Fitness Pal app helps. I would drop my target calories down 200, which was about what it takes for me to get things moving.