Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Breakfast Break (Day One)

I tried out my doctor's no-breakfast suggestion today. It went OK. I wasn't hungry when I woke up, but wasn't sure how the rest of the day would go. I packed my usual food supply -- a SlimFast shake (breakfast), a Ziplock bowl of homemade soup and a lowfat yogurt.

I still wasn't hungry when I got to work, so I decided not to have the shake. Funny enough, I kept thinking about breakfast -- so I kept asking myself "Are you really hungry, or do you just want to have something for the sake of having something?" The answer was the latter. By around 11:30, I actually was hungry, so I had the yogurt.

I wound up having the soup closer to 2, which worked out really well because I had a cocktail party for work tonight. I was still full enough that I didn't eat any hors d'oeuvres there (I'm still on day 2 of post-fill liquids) and just had a glass of wine.

Now I'm home, had another bowl of soup and am feeling good. (I was pretty darned hungry on the way here though!)

I'm going to try the no-breakfast thing again tomorrow. I brought some decaf teas to work, so I'll plan to have that instead again and see how it goes. It's interesting that the hardest part about that was feeling like I didn't do something I'm "supposed" to do, i.e. eat breakfast. Hmmm!

2 comments:

Mattsmom said...

Hi Catherine,
Thanks for blogging about the breakfast secret. I am not a big breakfast eater. I just like my coffee. I have to work on knowing when I am hungry, or if I am eating because it's that time. Have a great Friday! Congrats on the big20!!!
Michele

Anonymous said...

I am not a big breakfast eater but my doc says its important for weight loss to get in something.
Since most morning's im too tight to eat in the am , I take my meds w/ a Bolt House Farms protein shake.

they are the only kind of protein shakes i can tolerate w/ my migraines.
But they are SOOO GOOD. Here is a link , if you like Coffee you will probably like the hazelnut and Mocha ones
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=8563952695933615415&postID=8313612654376779002
Glad your day worked out well and you were not hungry .

Mindy