Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How much of a fill to get into the zone?

I posted earlier about my third fill experience with Nurse RoughStuff. I only had him add .2 ccs to my band, thinking I just needed a weeee teeny fill. However, the .2 doesn't seem to have made a bit of difference.

I was thinking of going back for more on Tuesday (the day when my doctor lets people walk in for fill appointments), but my last experience there was bad enough that I didn't feel ready to go back. I've been worrying since my last appointment that the nurse might have pulled out a stitch or two, and the area around my port has been tender.

However, after staying at exactly the same weight (to the 10th of a pound) for about a week, I'm feeling better and am ready to go back. I'm going to call up to make an appointment tomorrow.

It's interesting to realize that soon, I'm going to have an idea of what it means to put in an extra .5 or so into my band. A week ago, I had no idea what adding .2 ccs would mean -- I honestly had no clue -- and Nurse Roughstuff deferred to me, whereas I think my doctor would have been able to translate what I wanted into an approximate amount of saline.

BTW, I am sorry for not posting more lately -- I lost my camera on New Year's (it must have fallen out through a hole in a bag I was carrying), so I haven't had any new photos to post!

No comments: