I have to admit, I felt really great yesterday in those pants! And, when I thought back on it, I realized that it's been more than TWO YEARS since I could get into them (I haven't worn them since before I started my current job). Wow.
In other news, I have to go to an engagement party on February 19th, and my ex-boyfriend is going to be there. By way of background, I broke up with him in early July because after 2+ years (which were fantastic, I might add), we just were not on the same page about marriage and children. (Read: We're both 38, I'd like to get married & have kids with him, and he's more in the Peter Pan mindset.)
He's an investment banker and lost his job several months ago. So, he decided to take time off to travel and has been out of the country for the past 2 months. I saw him last in mid-November.
My weight was never an issue for him, and I don't have any illusions that me looking better is suddenly going to put him on the same page with me. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that I don't want him to see me and be kicking himself that we're no longer together! On the contrary! :)
That leads us to the obvious issue of me needing to look really, really good at this party! Unfortunately, I'm a weird size right now! I bought a really cute dress on-line in 14W, but am totally swimming in it. And, 16 is still too snug. (To my thin friends who read this, please block out this info. and let's never, ever talk about it.) Plus, most designers whose clothes I'd like to wear only make up to a 12 -- or a 14 at most. Oh, how I hate them!!
You know, you'd think the fashion industry would NOTICE that there is a 4-6 size gap in the market. There is such a shortage of clothing in that range -- hence the title of today's post. Yes, you can buy pants at The Gap, but finding a great dress is pretty much impossible. (If anyone thinks I'm wrong on this, please let me know where to shop!)
Now that I think about it, I was in the same position about 2-3 years ago when I was on my way up the scale. It was much easier to shop being 20 lbs heavier than I am now. However, I wouldn't trade those 20 lbs for anything! After all, soon enough, I'll be 30 or 40 lbs down (can't wait!) and then the problem will be "There is so much to buy! How will I ever decide?!" :) :)
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment