Monday, January 26, 2009

Stuck

Last night, I cooked dinner for my friend Erika and had a great time. I made veal chops with polenta, roasted tomatoes and sauteed mushrooms, with a great arugula salad to start and lemon sorbet for dessert.

Erika knows about my surgery, so it was not any big deal for me to just take a small portion for myself and chew chew chew. Everything went fine, but after she went home, I was still a little hungry, so I had another few bites. And I got really stuck.

Basically, I slimed for about an hour and did a little PB, but I still didn't feel totally unstuck. I was able to have some water, and it went down, but I really had to burp after it went down. (If this sounds familiar to you and you know what the fix is, please post a comment!)

During the night, I woke up and STILL felt stuck. It was just really uncomfortable, and I had to burp. This morning, I still have an uncomfortable need-to-burp feeling, and when I drink water, it seems like my stomach is probably swollen a bit around my band b/c it feels tighter. I expect it is irritated from last night's events.

Here's to hoping the feeling goes away by mid day!

2 comments:

christines iphone said...

ahhh! i hate that feeling.

try some pineapple juice. i think Dole has the really tiny cans. something with the acid in it helps the stuck feeling go away.

good luck!

Anonymous said...

it sounds like your swollen from being stuck , I would recommend going on Liquids for at least 48 hrs then slowly moving back up to solids.
As for if your stuck. Its generally not a good idea to drink when your stuck. its usually a very BAD idea.
There some "home" remedies some say work. one is Pineapple juice like Christine said. The other is Pappaya enzymes. You can get them at Walgreens or GNC , the chewable kind.
Hope your feeling better
Mindy