Monday, February 16, 2009

TWENTY-FIVE!


It's finally official! I have now lost 25 lbs! Actually, as of this morning, I'm down 25.2. One of the very best things about the band is that, although I've been on this "diet" for nearly 4 months, I am still very motivated and feel that this is a very sustainable course. That is so very different from how I've felt on any other weight loss plan (and, let's face it, I never got to the 4 month mark on any other plan)!
-
Five things I've noticed after losing this weight are:
-
1. I'm starting to look like myself again, instead of a puffy, more matronly version of my old self.
-
2. I feel lighter and healthier and, emotionally, I feel really good about making the decision to get banded and making it work.
-
3. The robes at the spa I go to give better coverage (I went for a massage yesterday. Normally I feel like their robes are just a little too skimpy. I checked the size and saw that it was the same as usual and realized that the difference in coverage is due to me losing 2.5 inches from my hips and my waist! NSV!)
-
4. My back doesn't tighten up as much when I go for long walks (not that it was ever that bad -- just something I noticed)
-
5. My feet don't hurt as badly when I wear heels (nothing like having 25 lbs less of pressure on them. . . )
-
(For some reason, this program is taking the returns out of my post today, so I thought I'd use dashes to break up the text -- if anyone knows how to fix this, be sure to let me know!)

3 comments:

bugginbri said...

CONGRATS!!!!
That is great news. I love the new profile picture too. You look beautiful!

Beth said...

Feels good, doesn't it? :)

Catherine55 said...

Thanks, Bri!! Beth -- you are so right, it feels fantastic! :)