Me & Hayley at Ohm Spa
Yesterday was a really nice day -- I had a luxury mani/pedi with my friend Hayley, then met a few close friends for a really nice lunch at Lupa, which is one of Mario Battali's places. Honestly, I was in kind of a funk this weekend, so I didn't have as good a time as I might normally. I just was really feeling stressed about work stuff. . and maybe also a bit about turning 39 (given that I want to have children and am not even in a relationship at this point). I really try not to focus too much on the biological tick-tock thing, since there isn't a whole lot I can do to speed up the whole love/commitment process. I do get pretty angry when I think about how PP took up more than 2 years of my time, acting as though we were headed for these things, even though he was definitely not there, timing-wise.
Anyway, I started the day feeling really emotional, then had a phone conversation that did not help matters. Then, I rush to get to Ohm and when I got there, two really sweet Chinese women who work there were just beside themselves by the change in my appearance. One of them just looked so surprised, and she exclaimed "Catherine!! You are so thin!! You look beautiful!!" And, I totally lost it -- my eyes welled up, tears flowed over -- and I am sure I totally freaked her out! I tried to smile and tell her not to worry, but she was pretty quiet for the rest of the day (fortunately, she wasn't the person doing my nails)!
I don't know what was with me (hmm. . PMS?!) . . I was just feeling really overwhelmed, both by the positive changes in the last year, and also by all of the other BS that was weighing on my mind.
Can you believe the difference?
This is me at Ohm last year on my birthday. . .
This is me at Ohm last year on my birthday. . .

Fortunately, Hayley and I were alone in the lounge, so we had a chat, I got it out of my system, and was able to get it together and get on with enjoying my day.
Not-a-so-fortunately, with all of the b-day eating and drinking I've been doing during the past week, my scale is up three pounds this morning. YIKES!! And, it was up yesterday, too. . . so it's probably for real. Darn it!! It took forever to get those pounds off. Hopefully they are easy-come-easy-go pounds. . . .

6 comments:
WOW what a difference! Thanks for sharing your heart in this blog with us readers....keep up the great work and I know that temporary weight will come right off! ;-)
I find that when I gain them quickly these days, I lose them quickly as well. I hope that same is true for you! This reminds me of the sex and the city episode where Carie doesnt really want a bday party, but she goes...and everyone is late and she is having the worst day...
I am glad that it turned out okay and we all love you! Happy belated birthday. Things happen for a reason, and I like to think that eventually they make sense. If you want to be a mother, you will be...and until then, you get to enjoy your fab life single, free, and full of new possibilities!
You look so amazing Catherine. I'm glad you had a good day and the emotions were bound to come at some point. I'm glad they happened when you were with a good friend. Umm...that jacket your wearing in your before picture came to Munich with me. Love it! ;-)
My vote is for PMS.
A little stress + too many hormones= Tears
Its good to have a good cry every now and then. I make myself watch a good 80's chick flick at least once a year to bring on the waterfall(Steel Magnolias, Terms of Endearment, Beaches...you know you love em!)
And happy birthday sweety. You are going to be a great mom someday. =)
Ahh, babes.. I remember turning 39 and I struggled with it too. You probably have a lot of emotions coursing through your veins (pertaining to those you mentioned) but just remember, we love you heaps and are always here for you. If it helps (and it probably won't) you weren't on your own on the emotional birthday thing. Went through the same this end.. 44 kinda sucks.. but at least I'm enjoying it more than I would have with all that weight still on, as I just know you are doing also.
You look just beautiful.. and there's someone out there for you.. you just haven't found him yet. I am scouting for a handsome, bright, (rich??) interesting Aussie man for you. Sound like something you'd be interested in? I'm on it!!
I don't know if you are into this type of "stuff" but even if you are not try it! What do you have to lose? I bought the book on amazon today after a friend recc'd it and it seems to have worked for her and 3 other friends. :-)
http://soulmatesecret.com/index.php
http://soulmatesecret.com/media/SoulmateSecretQuiz.pdf
Post a Comment