(You can click on the photo to enlarge it. . )
November 15, 2008 on the left -- November 15, 2009 on the right.I wish I wouldn't have cropped the one on the left so that I'd have a better comparison shot. Wow. What a difference a year can make.
One girl's story of life with the lap band.
18 comments:
Wow. What a transformation! You look amazing! Happy belated birthday!
That is awesome!! You look so great, what a wonderful birthday gift!
Awww, I understand the birthday blues. It is totally understandable-- and I think alot of people feel a little pensive around birthday time. At least this year, you didn't have to be sad that you were struggling with your weight!! That's a positive.
As for the rest, I wish I knew someone to hook you up with-- now THAT would be a BLIND date (erm, this girl who has been reading my blog set me up on this date with this guy.hmmm) I will give it some thought-- b/c I do work with tons of doctors (if that is an area of interest for you... ) :-)
Anyway: hang in there girlfriend, the best thing about being a bit on the older side of dating is that I'll bet when you meet the right guy: you'll know, and he'll know and it will be fireworks and go very quick and no worries about how/ when will this work out... that's my hope for ya!
Vanessa
Amazing. There is nothing else to say to that! :-)
Thanks everyone! Vanessa, I love that idea! Now THAT would be a modern romance story -- even more 2010 than meeting via on-line dating site! :)
Catherine
Amazing! You were pretty before but now you're a knock-out! Love the dark fingernails btw!
Total difference and it is nice to see the befores of you bc I always have thought of you as thin...so it's helpful! Also, look at you in the sexy off the shoulder sweater...mmmmhmmm...yep!
You look amazing! Congrats on so many successes and my best wishes for peace with the birthday blues.
Amy
So proud of you! I too can relate to the birthday blues - this year wasn't a hard one for me, but I've certainly felt those before. You've done amazing, and you're so completely together and gorgeous and I adore ya so I'm sure some wonderful man will soon too. And make lots of babies. And I'll come visit. And we'll all live happily ever after.
Catherine, I want to wish you a very happy belated birthday! When I found your blog, your journey was one of the ones that most inspired me to start my own journey...taking this past year to work on yourself in every way will/has paid off, and I see wonderful things in your way...
In a different vein, I remember the anger that I felt when a seven year relationship ended, not so much that the relationship ended, but that I had spent so many years in a dead end...and I will join Vanessa is combing through my matchmaking file box...for someone amazing...you'll have to tell us in more detail what you are looking for!
Hey Catherine, glad you let the tears flow ~ it's emotional having come so far!! You are inspirational and amazing. Thanks for the months of sharing. The side-by-side pics are excellent and really tell the story. Loving the smile. Your story gives me courage to begin mine ~ just finished my pre-op tests today, surgery scheduled 11/24 !!!!!
xxx Nessa
You look great!
Have you noticed your rings getting bigger on you now that you've lost so much weight? Have you had them resized yet?
P.S. My word verification was "hautte" which I'm pretty sure translates to "hottie!"
Okay, it seems the man hunting bug has hit everybody! lol.
Catherine, you missed your calling. I bet you are a fantastic lawyer but man, you could so be doing modelling. Fresh faced, slim, just gorgeous. You thought about that one? You inspire me in so many ways, buying clothes that you model would just be another.
Love ya xxxx
WOW! You look amazing! How awesome! I am so excited for you!! :D
Catherine, Happy Belated birthday. Your blog inspires me daily! I am almost 3 months post op. You look amazing and you don't look a day over 25!!
That is really cool how you were at the same place the same time, a year later. I want to start a birthday tradition like that.
You can really see the difference, ecspecially in your face (I guess just b/c you're sitting in both). And you look happier!
Catherine you look amazing ! I love looking at comparison pictures, the changes are just so awesome !!
HAPPY BELATED BDAY !!
YOU LOOK ABSOLUTLY AMAZING! Happy Belated Birthday! Im sorry you were down but I know Spa days can always relax you and make you feel better in some sort of way.
Post a Comment