Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sunday Vlog

I had a bit of trouble getting this file small enough to upload, but finally did it! Of course, nothing to be done about me cutting off my chin in half the video! :) By the way, here is a link to a great site with instructions about how to shrink video size using QuickTime Pro.
And. . . for all of my complaining, the scale was down another .2 this morning! I know it's only a fraction of a pound, but I'll take what I can get! I am now 2.8 pounds from my goal! (And 12.8 from my aspirational goal!) Woo-hoo!

13 comments:

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Great vlog! I am so impressed with how much you smile - almost the whole time you're talking! I was smiling and laughing by the end of it especially when you started on the whole "port" thing. Too funny.
My MIL is a lot like your SIL - its amazing how closed minded and judgemental some people can be. Too bad for them! :) Glad you got to see your brother also. Keep the vlog coming - you do a nice job with them. And thanks for the quick comments on exercise - that's helpful to me to help me guage and think about what changes I need to make also on that front. Its making me think that I want to increase my exercise also. So anything to inspire me to do that is much appreciated! LOL. Have a great week!

Sarah said...

Catherine - I offer to let people feel my port too - VERY FEW ever take me up on it! LOL... I hope that you're able to feel comfortable with whatever your decision about telling your brother. I totally understand... everyone in my family knows, including in-laws, but it doesn't mean that they aren't judgemental!!! You look wonderful... stay warm and dry!

MB said...

I want to be in the book club...I don't even know what you guys read, but the food sounds fantastic!!! And great idea about the lemon cake!!!

Have fun with the bro!

CC said...

I don't ask but most people ask me if they can feel it and ask if they can see the incisions. Kinda weird. And it is usually in the middle of a public place, like a bar LOL

Catherine55 said...

Update: I actually had so little time with my brother (bc he got in at 11 at night and I had to work the next day) that I didn't wind up telling him.

Also, I wasn't really sure that I was ready, so I wanted to wait to make sure. It's a bit harder to "un-tell" once you've told something like this!

Judi said...

Catherine,
I'm trying to take the time to comment on the blogs that have been lurking on more often. So, if I haven't told you before--I just love your blog! You are doing so well and you share so much so well that you have me sitting here rooting for you!!! And, I'm so loving this vlog idea! You're giving me ideas! I didn't even realize that I could do videos and load them on to my computer until this past weekend when I had a friend's son take pix of us and when I downloaded them on to my computer, I realized he put the setting on VIDEO!!! (we are at the St. Pat's Day parade and he had one too many shots of Jameson's)
As for the port thing....too cute! Since I've lost all the weight--I can really see and feel it! I never let anyone touch it....that might be a good party trick! LOL!!
Onward!
Judi

Colls said...

First - congrats on the scale moving! You are so close my dear!

Second - is it possible that we have the same SIL? Mine is the same way - making comments that really hurt my feelings. But, the weird part is that my brother is the only one in my family that I told, despite my SIL. I decided to tell him because I thought he could help me tell my parents. I know, I sound like a teenager, but I really don't that great of a relationship with them and I feel awkward. Which is exactly why they still don't know! <3

Jacquie said...

I so understand your feelings about not telling your brother because of SIL. I think we all have "SIL" in our lives.

Also, this is the second time I've "heard" you say that you say "port" funny. Now that I heard you say it, it sounds funny when I say it too! Too funny!

You'll knock those last few lbs off don't despair!

Linda said...

Catherine - that was the sweetest, sunniest Vlog - thank you. You seem like you're in great spirits - I'm sure getting close to goal helps.:)
I understand about wanting to tell family, but still feeling that hesitation - we aren't ashamed of our bands, just protective.
The sun was finally shining in MD today, so hopefully yo got it too.

Marie said...

Hi Catherine,

Love your vlog! Your blog is the first one that I read from start to finish when I found this "blog" area of the lapband. I hope my results are as good are yours! My surgery is this Friday!!! I know how it is deciding who to tell about the surgery. That is why I've made the decision not to tell anyone but my best friend. I had to have someone drive me to and from surgery!!!
Keep up the vlogging and stay dry!

Marie
unknownbandster2020.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

Catherine love your smile :) What book are you reading?? Would love a book club with my friends but I think I am the only reader out of my friends lol You are so close and those 2lbs will be gone before you know it :) xo

Tiffani said...

Hysterical! :D I love the "port" talk! :D

Catherine55 said...

Hey guys! Thanks for all of your nice comments!

Our most recent Book Club book was Robinson Crusoe, which was written in the 1600s and is actually a heck of a good read (hence it surviving all these many years). I really enjoyed it.

Marie, congratulations on your surgery date! We are all rooting for you and hope it goes exceptionally well!

xoxoxo,
Catherine