I did it!!!!! I hit my goal this morning!!! As of today, I am down 75.2 pounds! Wow!! I knew that this was technically possible when I started out this process, but it was so hard to imagine it being a reality.
I only have a few minutes to write before work, but I wanted to let you -- and my friend Christina, who lives in Berlin -- know that I finally opened her "goal" present this morning! It's been sitting on my counter for so long, and I've been dying to open it! Here it is -- a gorgeous pair of dangling earrings and an extremely fabulous matching bracelet, accompanied by a really great, and extremely nice, card! I am going to wear the bracelet today as a secret sign to remind myself that today is the day I met my goal.
Here is a comparison shot. . . me in May 2008, before I was banded. I am wearing the same jeans in both photos. . only difference being that I can now get both of my legs into one leg-hole these days! You can't really see just how big the jeans are in this photo (which Yana was nice enough to take for me when she was over last week), so I'm including two more photos of me in my "Jared" pants! 

Oh, how I love to play Jared from Subway. . . :)

Another "Jared" shot. . . 

And, I really liked the following photo for my seventy-five / goal number shot, because it reminds me of all of the people -- you included -- who have supported me every day through this whole process, with your nice comments, your own stories, and by listening to (or reading) me as I have gone through the last 15 months. That has been a huge source of encouragement, inspiration and motivation for me, and I thank you!

Ten more pounds to go to my aspirational goal! (But I reserve the right to stop before that point if I'm looking too thin. . oh, to have such a problem!!) :)

66 comments:
Yeay you!! Congratulations, you look great, and you must feel great too.
What an inspiration you are.
So pleased for you
Love
Hx
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I KNEW YOU WOULD GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
You look so fab btw!!!!
Fantastic! Congratulations. You look so happy.
Amazing! Enjoy living at goal! You look icredible!
WOOHOO!!
Massive congrats to you! Have the most fabulous day! I am so inspired by your photos! You truly are amazing well done! K xxx
Congratulations Catherine!
I love the Jared shots. I am speechless. You are just amazing.
Yay Catherine! I will be thinking of you all day today! What a fabulous goal gift too.
All Hail the Queen!
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Such a beautiful, wonderful, amazing feeling....isn't it?
You look gorgeous....no, you look GORGEOUS!
Welcome to the "BANDED AND AT GOAL" Club! It's a sweet group. We need to get matching bras or something! Enjoy your success!
What a great friend you have!
Onward!
Judi
YOU DID IT!!!
Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away!
I am so excited for you and proud of you! You're such a role model to me throughout this process, and I can't wait to hit goal too! xoxox
You were the first blog I followed so it is so exciting to see you reach your goal! Your friend was so sweet to give you a goal gift! It is a thoughtful reminder of everything you have accomplished!!!
Keep on blogging...you are inspirational!
Congrats!!! You look great!
'Queen of the Day' is right!! that's great stuff :0)
Congratulations!!!! You look absolutely fantastic and you should feel so proud of yourself!
Congrats to you...I am so very happy for you!!!
Catherine, you have made me cry! I am so proud of you and wish you the best of luck (not that you really need it) with your aspirational goal. You continue to inspire me in so many ways, thank you. <3
Catherine CONGRATS!! What a beautiful spring day to hit GOAL!! I am looking forward to your hitting goal VLOG!!! Cheers to you!!
WOW WOW WOW! Fantastic news; many, many congratulations!
I'm so delighted for you! I can't imagine how you must feel, but I hope to someday. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures (FUN!!) and all your wisdom and inspiration! Congratulations - I bow down to the Queen! :)
A beautiful set of earrings and bracelet for a beautiful woman to celebrate reaching your goal! Congrats!
You have been a wonderful inspiration to so many of us. Love the "Jared" photos!
Yehay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, wow, wow! What an incredible journey you've had! You look so amazing and I find such inspiration in you! You must feel just amazing.
Congratulations! You earned every minus pound.
Congratulations my friend! You have worked your ass off for each of those .2's. I'm so very excited for you!!! xoxo
Congratulations Catherine...that is a wonderful achievment. I am so happy for you AND VERY PROUD! Truly inspirational....enjoy every moment of this occassion and the goal present from your friend is beautiful! xx
cONGRATS!!!!! So happy for you. Doing teh happy dance at my desk!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Nothing like reaching goal after all that hard work! Enjoy it!
I knew you could do it! Yeah!
Congratulations, Catherine! What a glorious day to be able to celebrate, too - you couldn't ask for a more perfect day in New York. Enjoy your beautiful new bracelet and bask in what you've accomplished!
You beautiful inspiration, you! Congrats many times over!
Fantastic achievement..Well done...
YAAAAYYY!! That's amazing! You owe it all to you!
Congratulations! You should feel like a Queen! You're amazing and look fabulous!
You are now officially a rock star. Seriously.
Wow.
What else can I say-- I hope you enjoy this day and that you can go get yourself some fabulous designer jeans or something equally as awesome to further show off your amazing physique.
Also: have you had any medical tests to compare the 'new' you to your old blood tests?
I am actually such a dork that I am really looking forward to seeing my cholesteral and triglycerides drop to crazy lows when I get as skinny as you!
Thx for your comment on my blog with the info I was wondering about-- sorry for being such a nosey parker, but it is all about you being my heroine.
Congrats and 'mazel tov' as we yentas like to say.
Cheers Cath!
What a sweet, thoughtful gift from your friend!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Very awesome. I'm so glad I followed you along this journey so thank YOU! :)
And, yes, oh to have such problems! ;)
Way to go! It's so cool to see someone actually do it! AWESOME!
Congrats to you! LOVE the pics and you look fantastic. I love the constant reminder of your success with the bracelet, positive affirmations are great.
Congratulations! You look great - love the Jared photos!
You are an inspiration to us all! Thanks for sharing your journey.
What a thrill to wake up and see this post....I am so proud of you!!! Look at the difference although either way you were still gorgeous. And what a beautiful gift your friend gave you!!! Have the best day ever
Congratulations! You are so inspiring!!!!!
What an accomplishment! You did it! Congratulations and enjoy your Queen for a Day...Hell, I'd take it for a month! You deserve it!
Amazing! Thank you for being such a wonderful inspiration. It is so great to look at someone and say "she did it, she made it and I can make it too" Thank you and enjoy your success!
Congratulations, Catherine! I am so very excited for you. I hope you enjoyed your Queen for the Day title...being thin will make you Queen of every day!
Way to go!! You are such an inspiration to us all. Enjoy the accomplishment!
How is it possible to be even more proud of you than I have always been? IT IS!!! Congratulations sweetheart..You did it with a little help from your band! So proud of all of your goals and the way you have made the band work for you. Keep being you and success will always be yours! Love,
Mom XOXOXO
whoo hoo!! that is amazingly awesome! :-) you look terrific!
I don't care if I am commenter number 48! I don't know how I missed this post early. Bc when I first started reading blogs this morning, your latest post said you were CLOSE...so it took me about 2 hours to catch up on blogs and I think you posted this before I refreshed my dashboard...so then people were telling me you reached goal and I was thinking they must have misunderstood...
wow...long story short...
I am so happy to have been able to follow you on this journey over the last year plus! You are beautiful!
Congrats.
I look forward to following you on these next 10 pounds!
OMG Catherine!! So, so, so excited for you. I was banded the same month you were, and am still about 20 pounds from my goal. But, seeing you reach your goal gives me hope and inspiration to keep pressing onward to reach mine.
Fantastic! You are so worthy of this! Your blog has inspired so many of us. Cheers to many, many more successes!
Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!!!
You are WAY hotter & more beautiful than Jared!
Congratulations on your hard work and reaching your goal weight - you are so inspiring to me. (and thanks for your long comment on one of my posts :-) The longer the better!)
YOU DID IT YOU DID IT YOU DID IT!!!!! IM SOOO SOOO PROUD OF YOU! You Look absolutly beautiful! I bet you feel amazing!!!
Ok, this is too cool that I am the 54th person to leave a comment about this! You have such a great following, and a fabulous support system. CONGRATS CATHERINE! YOU'VE WORKED YOUR ARSE OFF AND YOU LOOK FAB!
By the way, I thought about you last weekend when I was in San Diego. I saw a Karen Millen shop, and immediately went inside, reminding myself of how much you like these pieces. I can't wait to fit into them! They are so fun, and so clearly made for the feminine figure. They remind me of Hervé Leger. Thanks for turning me on to Karen Millen!
Well, it's only fitting that I should do the 55th post on my Goal blog, since I do love that number!
Thank you all for your very nice comments! It just felt so amazing to get so many nice, encouraging and supportive messages. I feel so lucky and grateful to have found such an amazing support network in all of you. :)
xoxoxo,
Catherine
A friend sent me the link to your blog and over the past week I've read every post. Everything is so fresh in my mind and I just wanted to tell you congratulations for hitting your goal weight loss! You are so inspirational!!
Congratulations Catherine. You look fabulous!
WOOHOO! Congratulations. You have worked long and hard for this goal. Enjoy it!!
Congrats!!! You look fablous. Thanks for being such a positive inspiration during this journey :)
Yeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaw! You freaking ROCK!
Catherine, thank you so much for going through and figuring out your monthly weight loss average! That was really helpful.
I have about 75-80 lbs to lose, total, so it is really great to hear from you. When I see you in your Jared pants and 75 pounds gone I think maybe I can actually do it too! Thanks!
You are a rock star!! Great job!
HOLLLYYYY CRAP! Babes, you did it. You look amazing, beautiful and so frigging thin. I am UBER proud of you. And did I see that right? 62 comments - mine being 63... look at the people who love you and only want the best for you. You are a shining star!!!!!
Congrats on Getting to Goal! You look Fabulous! Love the Pics. Keep up the good work. You have inspired me to continue on my journey!
Regards,
Jeanette
I am still catching up on postings, but wanted to let you know that this has inspired me to no end.. I have about the same total amount to lose and it is just fabulous to see someone reach that goal.. take a bow, you have earned this big time!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Post a Comment