We had dinner in the dining room there. It was delicious. I had hamachi sashimi to start, followed by gnocci with parmesan, butter and sage. Everything went down just fine, and I even had a few bites of their Nutella pudding for dessert. Yum yum. After that, we went upstairs to the lounge for drinks. At some point, Marjorie and one of our other friends went up another level and came across this completely insane party!
One of our dreamy fellow partiers. . he was tall and had a French accent. . .
The adorable guy above took the following photo of Marjorie and me. I hope you guys will appreciate that this was a huge fashion leap for me to wear that shirt. It is sleeveless and is open in the back. It is a very sexy, very naked shirt! There is no way in this world that I would EVER have worn anything even close to this naked before my band, or even before about 10 pounds ago. But, with 11 months of Boot Camp under my belt, I was really surprised to find that I actually have good definition in my arms and that I really liked how it looked. Major NSV.
I may have to get this shirt surgically attached though, since it seems to have supernatural man magnet powers. I really wish I had a photo of the back to show you. I don't know when I've ever been approached by more attractive, interesting men in one night. Three very cute guys asked me for my phone number, and two were already in touch several times today. I am actually interested in one of them (he is from Texas too and went to my college, so he gets extra points for that), though he lives in DC, and I'm not sure when he'll be in New York next. *Update* It turns out that this guy and I went to high school together and have friends in common. Small world!
I decided not to go out with the other guy who got in touch today -- and my reason may sound a little unusual. I don't know how old he is, but I'm guessing early 30s at the most. He was model good looking (as cute as the guy in the photo above) and seemed nice. But I honestly thought it was weird for someone like him to be hitting on a 39 year old (naked shirt or not) when he would look more at home with a gorgeous 19 year old model. Plus, he sent me a ton of texts today and was trying to get together for brunch, or drinks this week, etc., and I just found him a little weird. He also asked me out for today when I met him last night. Call me a cynic, but I have to assume that someone who looks like that but acts so desperado has something wrong with him. Honestly, I was half wondering if maybe he wanted to rob me or something!

20 comments:
I am loving that shirt, you look amazing!! I have a dress that looks like that, just can't wear it yet. Glad to hear that there are lots of cute boys lining up, sounds great!!
Maybe he just saw such an awesome chick that he didn't want to risk getting away! I love the top and the ball party sounded lots of fun!
Catherine,
Love the shirt for sure. But love the pictures of you even more, you can really tell you were having FUN!
French guy is a super cutie and look what happens when you say goodbye to the not-so-good thing? Possibilities open up. :-)
That's a crazy night even by New York standards. (French guy is HOT but you don't need me to tell you that.) You look gorg! Not at all surprised that boys were all over you. Go with your gut on the guy who seems strange. I don't think it's weird that he's into you, but if something feels off, it probably is.
Enjoy getting to know the other guy!
Looks like so much fun. Love the shirt too and as always you look great.
Sounds like you had a great time. How intriguing that you have friends in common with Mr Texas - definitely a plus IMO. When I met my now husband we worked out that he had been a year ahead of my brother at school and we had friends in common - and that worked out well!! I think there is something in shared history/values which can make a relationship easier. Not that I'm marrying you off - just saying!
Wow....you look great! That shirt is perfect! Your hard work shows!! No wonder you were a man magnet (the shirt was NOT the man magnet...YOU WERE...the shirt just packaged you!) A few weeks ago, I dared wearing something similar. When I left the house, I didn't think it looked bad on me. But, the pix told another story--ugh my arms! But, I'm 51 years old, my weight loss made for a lot of droopy skin in that area and I definitely do not work out like you do. So, I have to find a cute little shrug or something to go over it! But, I am not complaining--I too would have never worn a shirt like that ever!
And, what a great idea for a party! WOW!
What fun to meet a guy who went to your college and high school with! I have a feeling about THIS ONE...
Looking forward to hearing more about that!
I was in NYC last weekend....I think I missed my calling---I should have definitely run off to NYC in my youth! I'm coming back in July...can't wait!
Onward!
Judi
I used to be in NYC all the time for work related "stuff" but never found these great places you go to!
You look fab in the shirt and I agree with others, if the guy is giving you "the creepers" as I call it, go with your gut feeling and ignore him!
The guy from TX is an interestng addition to your evening, no? Washington DC is only a few hours away so don't let the distance thing bother you at this stage.
Over eager is definitely off putting, but consider that you really don't look your age - I'm not just giving love/love compliments, but you know that as we lose weight we lose years as well - I've seen some WLS peeps with before and after pics and they look like mother and daughter!
So fun sexy girl, so glad you're back out there having fun and getting hit on like you should!
I owe ya an email, I'll get ya there soon! xxxx
Look at that waist girl!! Looks like loads of fun. And you look like you are only 30 which might be why the weird guy hit on you. I think he was looking for more than brunch. LOL.
As usual, living vicariously through your very spirited life...And yes, you look AMAZING. As for the guy, I'd give him a date just because. Meet him in public for a lunch time date. Quick and easy and you can always have to 'get back to work'. Just my opinion but you never know. I almost didn't go out for a second time with my now husband. A friend had to talk me into it.
Hi. My name is Ellen. I've spent some time reading through your blogs. Thank you so much for sharing. I am currently waiting for lap band surgery. Reading through blogs such as yours, makes the prospect of having the surgery less scary! Congrats on your success!
Looking good, girl! I'm a big fan of men from Texas!
Wow, you look amazing. I love me some Texas boys! You go girl.
Cute top!! And by the way notice when C got the boot all these new options opened up!!!!???? WONDERFULLLLLLL!! Can't wait for the updates!!
BTW What kind of camera do you have? It takes the ebst pictures and I am looking to upgrade!
I agree with Maree that having a common background can make for a easier relationship. I met my guy online, but it turned out that we knew several of the same folks...even one another's relatives...and went to rival high schools (I cheered against him in high school, in fact :) )...and also attended two of the same colleges up through grad degrees during the same time periods and at the same campuses. It is fun to talk about people and things unique to our shared background. This is just my opinion though. :)
Either way, I'm excited for you being out there again!!!
You look great! I hope that one day I can look half as great! And yes that guy would give me the creepies if he was so intense!
That top looks great!!! What a totally small world about that one guy!
Looks like you had a great time at that party :)
You look amazing...I'm with Sherry and say go have lunch. What have you got to lose???
Post a Comment