Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Sisterhood Strikes Again. . . With Closet Shopping!

Yana & me at my apartment last night!
Yana has a few events coming up, so I suggested that she come by to try on a few of the nice dresses that I have from before my surgery. Other than those few really special pieces and my two pairs of "before" pants (so I can play Jared from Subway!), I have pretty much gotten rid of every article of clothing I have that is in a size above 14. I should get rid of the 14s too. . but all things in due course.

There were two dresses I had in mind for Yana, and they both fit her really well and looked great!! So, I lent her both of them and will look forward to seeing photos of her enjoying wearing them! She really looked fantastic in both!

This is my favorite of the two dresses. . . I am wearing it at my friend Sharon's wedding in Italy in September 2007. The girls next to me are two of my best friends, L and Nadia.

The other dress has navy and white polkadots, and I bought it to wear to another friend's wedding in Italy . . this time in June of 2006 (doesn't anyone get married in the USA anymore?. . LOL). The men on either side of me are Scottish, and they are wearing kilts! Unfortunately for you, I didn't like how my body looked so. . . as per my usual old practice. . . I cropped liberally. Sorry ladies!! :)
And, for comparison's sake, here is me in the Karen Millen dress that I wore last weekend!

21 comments:

jennyr1222 said...

You look gorgeous as usual, and Yana - you look fantastic!!

Catherine - you know I'm always up to remove those 14's from your closet. I'm about 5 pounds from a solid 14. ;-)

MB said...

So pretty! All of them!!!

Whose arm is that around you in the last one????

Gilly said...

Lucky Yana! The Sisterhood rocks!

Once, in a bar, I encountered a strapping fellow in a kilt, and I asked him what he was wearing underneath. His reply: "lipstick, on a good day!" :)

Amy W. said...

Jenny...you will only be in size 14 for like a brief moment. A sparrows fart of time shall we say.

You look Fab Catherine! And so does Yana!

Nicole said...

Love wehn the sisterhood strikes..Catherine you could be a model!! I just love that black dress

Kristin said...

Wow - Yana, you are looking skinny! And Catherine, you are beautiful and graceful as always. I don't know how you managed to find such beautiful clothes in bigger sizes. Your impeccable taste is a major boon to the sisterhood!

Catherine55 said...

@Jenny -- will e-mail you on the 14s. . definitely have some good stuff for you.

@Bandita --that's someone I work with. . . not so exciting!

@Gilly, that is hilarious! What a great line!

@Kristen - Alas, I did it by paying extortionate sums to Saks. Meanwhile, the black dress cost $130. Another bonus of losing weight. . I don't have to buy really expensive clothes to look nice!

Alison said...

You look amazing. I do love a man in a kilt but then again I am half Scottish and I think its obligatory!

Angie Cummings said...

looking amazing my dear! so nice of you to be sharing the sisterhood love.

Alexis said...

Gosh, you look so amazing! I love reading your blog!

-Alexis

http://alexisswenson.blogspot.com/

DB said...

Yana is a lucky girl - she will look stunning. You look beautiful - so amazing :)

Ali said...

Those are both lovely dresses! And you looked great in them Catherine, no matter what you think. :-)

I'm s-l-o-w-l-y inching closer to size 14 too. Maybe someday I will have the honor of wearing a "Catherine Sisterhood" dress! :-)

Jacquie said...

The soup was a hit! I added grated parmesan reggiano to it and that put it over the top!

You look great in that black dress!

Gen said...

You guys look great! How fun to see two fave band bloggers together.

Those dresses are gorgeous, lucky Yana!

Lap Band Groupie said...

You look stunning as always and nice that you helped Yana with some sisterhood clothes! I bought white pants for this summer too!!! Can't believe I'm going to actually wear them! I never would have even tried them on before!

Brooke said...

Gorgeous! Love the Karen Millen dress and the dresses for Yana will look amazing on her as well.

Camille said...

I nominated you for an award! Check out my blog.

FK said...

Your before and now pics are soo amazing.... Inspiring thanks for sharing xx

THE DASH! said...

Wow. I hadn't realised it till now but Yana could be the doppleganger of a friend of mine. That's weird.

You look beautiful in your befores and afters. No surprise there, but that last pic in your black dress... just stunning!!

Have a lovely easter, sunshine xxoo

Girl Bandit said...

Not to take away from you but so nice to get a great shot of Yana...you are so nice to help her out and both outfits are lovely. You look amazing as usual

Roo said...

Those dresses are lovely and Yana will look great.....

Also, I nominated you for the Stiletto award (check out my blog!) xx