
My mother is in town right now for Easter, and we've been having a fantastic time! Yesterday, we went into a chic boutique in the West Village. . . and I saw a gorgeous green dress on the 50% off rack. It was calling to me. . . but then, I saw that it was an 8. A boutique 8. . and they didn't have it in a 10. My mother and the salesgirl encouraged me to try it anyway, and it fit!! Will post a photo soon!
Mom & me, having lunch in Soho yesterday.
As some of you may know, my mother is an avid follower of many bandster blogs. She posts as "Kathy," so you might not have made the connection if you have seen her comment on your blog. Among her favorites (to name only two of many) are Cara's and Roo's blogs. AND, I wanted to let Roo and Cara know that my mother is planning to be in Dubai later this year -- and hopefully Australia the next -- and that she would absolutely love to meet you both if you happen to be free for lunch when she is in your neck of the woods!
I also want to thank the lovely Camille and Roo for nominating me for The Stiletto Award! I am honored to be in such good company with your other nominees!
I am also delinquent in thanking Cara, Manda, Gilly and Beth for their very kind nomination of me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I love all of you girls and really enjoy reading your blogs. It is so great to see all of the progress we are all making, and to know that we are all in this together! xoxoxo
One last thought I wanted to share with you today is that I'm actually going to go for my aspirational goal of 10 pounds less than my current one. A few people have posted to say that they hope I won't stop blogging (like some of our old timer favorites) when I get to goal. So, at my current rate of 2 pounds a month, that guarantees at least another 5 months! And I don't plan to stop after I get there.
Have a wonderful Sunday!! :)

25 comments:
Wow. You look absolutely beautiful! Yours is one of my favorite blogs to follow (and one of the first I followed after my surgery last year). I really do hope you continue to post...
:)
I can't even imagine how exciting it must be to be SO (SO) close to goal!!!
-Alexis
You really do look great! Not sure where that extra 10 pounds is going to come from!
Congrats to you Catherine...You are such an inspiration to me. I am so happy you reached your goal!! Happy Easter!!
I hope we can still see you if you lose ten more pounds! You look just lovely and I can't wait to see he dress!
You look fabulous, as always! From where I'm standing (well, sitting) I don't think you need to lose another one pound, let another 10!
Please do keep on blogging.
You look so tiny!!!! Whoo hoo on the 8!!! And I too am wondering where the 10lbs is going to come from!!! it must be awesome to see your goal weight on the scale....and I never thought you would stop blogging.....yay!!!
How exciting for you! And I have to say, I'm so glad to hear that you won't stop blogging! Because I, for one, would love to hear all about your maintenance. :)
Catherine I have goosebumps for you!! Your mom sounds so cute! Looks like you are having a wonderful easter weekend. What is your goal? I am thinking of changing my ticker to 145..but my scale has been stuck and I don't want to discourage myself
Wow! you're looking great! Congrats on being so close to your goal!
You're getting so close! I predict in the next week. I hope you and your Mom enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Congratulations! You look amazing - I bet you feel amazing also!
Catherine, you were the first lap band blogger I ever came across or followed and the pictures and your attitude continue to be an inspiration. You're the finished product -- I'm the work in progress and you give me something to aspire to. Great work and keep smiling.
Congrats! You are so close and you look amazing! I'm glad you plan to keep blogging. I love when I see a post from you! Hi to your Mom! She's beautiful.
Amazing! You were my very first blogging inspiration too, so I am extra excited for you. Super skinny chica!
Have a lovely Easter!
You are an inspriration to me, you look amazing!
Enjoy every moment of that Easter miracle...and then get ready for the next one! Congrats to you on working so hard towards your goal! You look positively amazing. :)
Wow-- congrats. I have to admit, I am SO freakin' nosey, I would really like to know WHAT you weigh... b/c you look so damn good.
I hope you feel just as terrific as you look, you deserve all of the great things that come along with your journey to such a healthier you!
Wow. When I first started, before I had surgery, I read your blog and Amy's religiously. And as you got down every size I was always blown away by how "natural" you looked at each weight and I'd always think, "Catherine is so lovely, I can't imagine her losing any more weight and looking tinier!"
But you do! And every time I see you get to a new and wonderful low I am so excited for you and so pleased to see it looks "right" on you!
So keep doing your thing and I will keep reading!
You look fabulous! I really hope you continue blogging. I'm so thankful I found your blog, it was the first I read and it's helped to prepare me for what lies ahead.
Can't wait to see pics of you in the dress, I bet it's perfect.
You look fab and your mum is so cute!!! Hope you had a great easter
Good God, you actually scared me a little bit at the very end when you said there are at least 5 months left of blogging. I thought that you were going to stop after that! Close call.
That picture if AMAZING! Really really amazing. A side shot where your stomach looks flat as a board! NIIIIICE!
I can't believe you are so close to goal!
You look fantastic, so skinny! Your mother is looking really good as well! I can't wait to see pics of the new green dress! <3
skinny!!! you look fantastic! i can't wait for the pic of the dress :-)
LOOK HOW SKINNY YOU ARE!!!!! YOU LOOK SO TINY! So Pretty!!! :o)
Oh my goodness. The thought hadnt even crossed my mind that you would stop blogging. I think Id die. Youre such an inspiration to me. We depend on your blogs lol. Im addicted. Dont take it away!! At least not until I get to goal ok!
Post a Comment