Monday, June 28, 2010

Pantiemonium!

I've been really good about cleaning out my closet and passing clothing on to other bandsters through The Sisterhood of the Traveling XL Dress. I've sent out packages all over the United States. . workout clothes, jeans, dresses, capris, tops, bras, etc., and it's amazing to see the ripple effect and how many of you are doing the same! It's a total thrill when I see you guys post or e-mail me photos of yourselves in clothing from me, and it cracks me up that so many of you recognize which items are mine. . . because I always used to cut out the size tags!

We're going to have to rename it the Sisterhood of the Skinny Bs soon! :)

These days, I only have a few things left that are above a 12 or 14. Obviously, my Jared pants aren't going anywhere, and I have a few special dresses and suits that I plan to get tailored once I officially stop losing.

Welllll. . . I didn't realize until this weekend that there are actually a substantial number of "before" items hiding in my apartment. In fact, they are all hiding in the same spot. . . my undies drawer! I guess I didn't realize it because all of the newest things tend to be on top.

So, how did I figure out that this stash of too-big items existed?? Did I notice it, then clean out the drawer? Why noooooo! Of course not!! Instead, I grabbed what I thought were some cute, new undies and wore them with my dress to brunch on Saturday. As my friend and I were walking down the street, I felt them start to slowly migrate southward - yikes!! I had to spend the rest of the day on stealth-tug duty, or I would have had a serious I-See-London-I-See-France situation on my hands!!


Bandsters, Beware!! :)

So, the moral of my story is to remember to treat yourselves to some cute new undies and get rid of the oldies! And be careful when you are getting dressed!! :)

14 comments:

THE DASH! said...

lol This sounds a little familiar - did the same when I was jogging once.. both pants AND knickers went south. Nothing worse than constantly hoiking up the undies making sure they don't drop. We are such ladies!! ha

MB said...

I'm glad you were able to successfully keep them in the appropriate region. I heard a story about a law school prof at my LS (not my prof though) who had hers fall all the way down in class (this was evidently after she had lost a lot of weight--makes me wonder if she had WLS actually??). That has to be completely mortifying!!!

Yana said...

Haha! Funny you bring this up, because my underwear drawer had a major overhaul this week. Got rid of the last plus sized panties and stocked up on new supportive bras. Also, I tried on the blue polka dotted dress, and while it "fit" before, it looks so much better now...especially with a great bra! I promise a pic from a party Wednesday night!

I dry cleaned the brown/black lave one and have it ready for you next time I see you, by the way.

Perry Joyce said...

Now this is a problem I can't WAIT to have!

Inspiration said...

You could always go commando! ;) For me, udnies and bras were some of the last things to go!

Kerri said...

I can't wait to have this problem too!!!

Tina said...

My underwear seemed to be the hardest thing for me to replace. I got new bras but not panties. I finally just three most of the biggest ones away this week. I could pull them up almost to my neck and still keep my bottom covered! They were some seriously grand granny panties.

Sarah said...

OMG - that is FUNNY!!! I'm glad you were able to "catch" them in time!!! Yeah, I realized the other day that it is time to weed thru the panties and start getting rid of them!!!

karen said...

ROFLMAO!!! -

Nella said...

Hilarious!
I love treating myself to new undies but feel so intimated when walking into those places...
But not when I get to ONEDERLAND! Will walk in with my head held high!

Cindylew said...

Or you can just be like Draz and go "commando".

Island Bandit said...

funny! that's one way to learn the lesson :)
My undies are fitting much better now - not so much crawling up into my bum, but yesterday i wore the same pair of capris to my nutritionist's as i had 2 weeks ago and by mid afternoon i was cussin because they have some stretch to them and i was constantly hiking them up. managed to get 2 wears out of them! since there's no way i can join that wonderful sisterhood, maybe I'll start one here.

Marie said...

I just bought some new undies today. I always bought size large before and bought some cute size large a couple weeks ago. Well, they are way too big in the butt...seriously...so I found some cute ones on sale at Macy's today..MEDIUM!!! I have a medium butt!!! Yeah!

Janice said...

I have a ways to go before this is an issue, but forewarned is always good. If you are going to have a problem in life, lose panties is not a bad one to have.