Here is a link to my post from last year's 4th of July trip. I've only lost 31 pounds since this time last year, but it's really made a big difference. Here is a comparison shot:
What I love about the photo on the left is that, even though I have 30+ more pounds on me, I was still down almost 50 pounds then, and I felt fantastic. The bathing suit I was wearing is a 14 or a 16, and I liked it so much that I actually bought the exact same one (shown at right) in a size 10 this year! (It sits a bit too low without the straps on. . . but who wants strap lines?!)I also made plans during this trip to catch up with my friend David, who was a good friend in high school and lives in Austin with his wife and small son. I felt ready to catch up with old friends last year (after avoiding this during the years when I was heaviest), but the timing didn't work with our other plans. It was great to see David and to find that he's still someone I would pick for a friend. It was interesting to find out that our interests had grown in similar areas (food, wine, travel) as we've gotten older and that we still have so much in common.
I hope you all had a great 4th!

13 comments:
I remember reading the 4th post last year when I first found your blog and being amazed by your progress then. You look great and you are such an inspiration!
Amazing how far you've (we've) come, isn't it?!?!? You look wonderful - glad you had a good time!!!
You look amazing~so beautiful!
I know that 30 lbs doesn't sound like much when you are looking for a comparison, but really what a difference! You look amazing! I am glad you had a great time this weekend! <3
You look wonderful! You are doing awesome & are a true inspiration!
Wow you look great!! I agree the number 30 may not seem like a lot to some people, but the difference in the photos is amazing. Beautiful in both though.
you look amazing! love that bathing suit!
You are a true inspiration!
Glad to hear you had a great time. Love the comparison photos. You look amazing and very happy.
You look wonderful...way to go!
Wow! You weren't too far from me this weekend you crazy jetsetter. I live close to San Antonio. Glad you had a great weekend.
You look gorgeous! You are so photographic (jealous much).. That pink looking liquid your holding looks mighty yummy! xx
That bathing suite is soo cute. Did the larger version already make its way to the sisterhood of traveling pants? If not I want dibs =p
Post a Comment