Finally, on Saturday, they just sent my mom home with two prescriptions and no surgery. Yesterday morning, we wound up back in the Emergency Room, since she was having a lot of pressure in her chest, and when we called her cardiologist, that is where he told us to go.
This morning, my mom is supposed to be going in for a cardiac catheter (which will involve an angioplasty if needed). Unfortunately, I had to come back to New York yesterday. The plan had been that my brother would come in on Sunday and we'd overlap a day. But, once my mom was discharged from the hospital, we told him not to come because we thought my mother would be returning to work today. He will get there this afternoon, but I felt so badly leaving without him being there already, and with my mom on a bed, hooked up to tubes and machines in the Emergency Room.A bright spot in all of this is that my mom worked in this hospital for about 20 years, so she knows almost everyone, and there is a constant stream of visitors and calls from friends and colleagues. So, at least she will not feel too alone until my brother gets there.
Thank you all for your nice messages, prayers and thoughts. I printed out my last blog with all of the posts and brought it to Florida with me so that my mom could read it. She was really touched and appreciated it very much. :)

27 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this, Catherine! I've been a bit out of touch with blogs lately due to vacations and toddler chasing so just read all your updates. Best wishes to you mom. Sounds like she has a ton of support and I'm sure she'll be just fine!
Sorry to hear the heart specialist has been less than helpful. I do hope your mum will soon be on the mend.
Well, crap....I had no idea your mom was ill. I am so sorry. I know how it sucks to have to leave your mom in the hospital. Glad your brother will take your place. Best wishes to you and your mama!
Ahh jeez, Catherine. Sometimes the crap you have to go through to get something done is so annoying. I hope these people pick up their game. Thinking of you all and hope your mum gets better asap. xx
Catherine. I would hate to leave my mom as well and know that it must be beyond frustrating and scary to be so far away right now. I am glad you decided to post about this, bc those of us who have been following your blog since the beginning feel like we know your mom!
Oy. The last thing you need now is to be battling with Drs. I'm so sorry about this. My dad has had a chronic heart condition for over 20 years and we have been through every procedure and surgery imaginable, some multiple times. I know EXACTLY what you are going through and please know that good thoughts are coming to you and your mom. Wishing her a successful angiogram (and -plasty if needed) and a speedy recovery.
Hang in there! You and your mom will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
I hope everything turns out okay. Love and prayers for you and your mom from Costa Rica (we're on the honeymoon now).
We are all keeping your mom in our thoughts and prayers! Take cre of yourself!
Definitely keeping your mom in my thoughts and prayers.
Good news that your mom is surrounded by friends, but I definitely would have some formal complaints against the cardioligist. Prayers and hugs to your family and a speedy recovery for your mom.
That has got to be so frustrating. Thank you for keeping us posted.
All the best to your Mother. Sounds like she is in capable hands and she has wonderful children!
Hope everything goes well with your mum, I know how hard it is to be in NYC when you ahve asick parent in Fl. Thoughts and prayers still headed yoru way :-)
Poor Catherine and poor Catherine's mom. I'm sorry the doctor is such a jackass; I really hope your mom's procedure will get her back to good health in no time. Take good care of yourself.
Hugs and thoughts as always love.
You have both been blessed to have one another. My heart and prayers go to you both!
Oh Catherine - I'm so sorry!!! I am definitely continuing the prayers and sending them your (and your Mom's) way... hang in there - hopefully you'll get some answers soon!
Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way.
I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how tough it must have been for you to have to leave your mom to return home. My heart goes out to you.
wishing good thoughts for your mother... keep a chin up, Catherine.
So sorry you're still going through this...you're a great daughter and your mom seems adorable. I feel I know her after reading your blog from beginning to end over these past months. I will keep you all in my heart and will say a special prayer for you both tonight.
I know how frustrating the doctors in hospital can be I had a similar experience last year. Your mother and family are in my prayers.
keeping both of you in my thoughts!!!
on a different note, i was in ny today (and will be tomorrow) and i was looking for you all over the place! lol :-)
Catherine - I hope your mom continues to get well..I am so close to my mom as well and can imagine how tough it is...and the hospital part is just miserable...
I hope all of her vistors offer her some distraction. I'm sorry that she isn't home yet. Im thinking of you both.
Post a Comment