This compilation turned out pretty tiny! But. . if you click on it, it gets frighteningly big! I have to get another full-length photo of myself in jeans and a black top so that I can do a proper comparison. BTW, I wrote size 8 on my current photo. . but that dress is a 10. I was going by Gap jeans sizes (which I used in the other photos), not the actual size of that dress. :)I logged on today planning to do a post for new bandsters. . . about something I wish I would have done before my surgery or even shortly afterwards. I really wish that I would have taken more before photos (instead of cropping the heck out of everything for years) and that I would have taken one photo of myself in the same spot, in a similar outfit, every month from start to present. I would really like to be able to see (and post) a flip-book-type montage of those photos to see how much I've really changed. I saw one that another bandster did once, and it was incredible. She actually GREW TALLER (!) as the weight came off her frame! It was amazing and inspiring.
So. . if you're just starting out, consider doing this! Also, do yourself a favor and take lots of before photos and make a chart with your measurements on it. I say that all the time (mostly on Lap Band Talk) because that's the best advice I can give you at the outset. It's really nice to be able to calm yourself during a plateau (especially the plateau that happens when you start exercising in earnest) by seeing that the inches are coming off. So, that's my PSA for the day! :)

23 comments:
OMG for real!!! You are the poster child for the successful lap bander!! I am so impressed and wished that I could have shadowed you to learn your secrets. I will just stick to reading your blog from beginning to end. You look MARRRRRRVELOUS!!!!
Thank you for the advice as well. I will be banded on Aug. 10th so I appreciate every bit of advice that successful banders give.
You look GREAT Catherine!!
Catherine, you look so amazing. I can't wait to meet you in Chicago! I have taken the clinical before pictures and plan to do them quarterly, I also took your advice on the measurments, it was hard to stomach, but I'm sure someday I will be really happy to have them.
You look amazing!!!!
So amazing ... what a transformation (at least that we can see on the outside)... And I know the internal transformation is even more impressive!
Beautiful before, and stunningly beautiful afterwards!
My advice would be to do skivvy pics. I did NOT want to do them, and now I wish I had. Not to share with anyone but myself...just to have.
You have the prettiest smile Catherine. I am so looking forward to meeting you in Chicago!
You look fantastic, and look at the stylin clothes you are able to wear now.
What an inspiration!
www. bandedup.blogspot.com
You look amazing Catherine. What a huge difference!
Great timeline.
How on earth do you get the pics to align horizontally? I'm guessing you're doing that in a separate publishing program and then dropping it into your post as a single image. I have a MacBook and for the life of me can not insert more than one pic on a row. Each additional insert drops beneath it, making it impossible to do a before/after theme.
Any suggestions would be appreciated...my e-mail is on my blog.
Wow Catherine. Just WOW.
It's funny it's like the smaller you got the brighter and bigger your smile got!!! You're Just amazing Catherine !! throughout this whole process ( hard to beleive it's almost been a year) your blog has always been a guiding beacon !!
Okay now you are legitimately SKINNY! Incredible! I'm with you, I wish I had taken more befores, and in the same outfit. You look fabulous. s
Thanks Catherine! As a newly banded person, 1 week, I appreciate the advice. My mom has been trying to get me to take a pic in panties and a tank, I think I will do it just for me. Your blog is the first one I found when I started thinking of the lapband, and I read every post in one night. Thanks for showing me that the lapband can work! You look wonderful.
I just have to say, Catherine, you rock! You look amazing and are such an inspiration.
@CindyLew -- I put the photos together in Adobe Illustrator (my fancy graphic design program). I don't know how to do this in a normal program.
@Pamela and Kate, welcome!! :)
@Amy. . I actually took some. . al fresco ones pre-band. They are so scary to look at (and no way will they ever be posted or shown to anyone else!), but it's amazing to see the difference now.
Who's that hot babe! LOL! You look so terrific and what a great smile and confidence in the last pic. Awesome!!
http://lizandrk.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html
I nominated you for an award!!! Check it out, lovely!
Hey Catherine! Big Congrats! I am one of your quiet followers,I don't have a blog, and for some issues I am a closeted bandster. Only me and my husband knew. Anyways you mentioned on your early post that you are going to use some kind of scar cream, did it ever work? can you please tell me the name of that cream. I am 5 days short of my 3 months anniversary with my band I lost 39lbs so far. I felt great! You are a true inspiration to me. Big Thanks!
j.
Hi Catherine,
You look amazing! Thanks for the advice. My friends and I have decided to have monthly picture parties to track my progress.
I live in NYC also and will be banded on September 13. Your blog had a lot to do with quelling some of my fears.
Thanks again for putting so much of yourself out there. If you got a royalty every time I said, "Well, Catherine says . . ." you could retire tomorrow.
Nicole
http://bigfatbandjourney.blogspot.com/
Thank you for the great idea Catherine! I just had surgery on July 23-I love the idea of taking a picture each month in the same spot/same outfit.
Thanks!
Great idea. I am going to start taking a photo once a week starting from my first fill.
Your photos are fantastic. So inspirational.
Post a Comment