The weekend before last, I was out in San Francisco for some client meetings, and Steve joined me out there. My meetings only took up about four hours on Saturday and on Sunday morning, so we had the rest of the time to enjoy ourselves ... and to do a day-long trip out in Napa Valley!

The Napa part of the trip was really pretty wonderful. Steve surprised me by getting a convertible for our trip, which added to the fun. We started out to St. Helena at the home of a good friend of his from a study abroad program, her husband and adorable daughter. They had a beautiful home -- tons of fresh flowers, beautiful garden, and served a very simple, elegant meal of two kinds of quiche, a gorgeous salad and fresh berries. Martha Stewart would have been proud! (Bandster note... I was served a bit too much, so I was worried that she thought I didn't enjoy the meal, which was amazing.... I just feigned "big breakfast," and all was well).
After that, we went out to a vineyard where we have a personal connection with the winemaker and they did a special tasting for us. It was really wonderful, interesting, fun and delicious!


This was one of the few times where I wished I didn't have a band so that I could overeat a bit! We had dinner at Bouchon and, after enjoying some pretty decadent appetizers (beer battered mussels... and escargot en croute with a cream sauce... hello, fattening!), changed our entree orders to go with something lighter. Of course, "lighter" for me was a salad of glazed pork belly with pickled cherries (which were amazing... I thought they were cranberries.. the flavor was so unique), and an egg yolk confit... in warm bacon vinaigrette....
My yummy "light" dinner.... er, at least it was a salad?
Steve and I stayed in a really cute bed and breakfast in Yountville, just a short walk from Bouchon. I definitely recommend it. It's called the (spelling weirdly because of Google Alerts..) L-a-v-e-n-d-e-r I-n-n, and was seriously adorable, complete with an outdoor hot tub and a fireplace in the room. So wonderful. And one of the best things about the weekend was that Steve had brought me two cards, in which he wrote some very sweet things, and he hid each in my bag at a different point in the trip so that I would find them. Love!!

12 comments:
Looks like you had a great time and Steve sound like a total sweetheart! :)
That sounds like one romantic trip, girl. You look great and very happy with your sweet, handsome guy.
Okay, just two words:
WHITE. JEANS.
Major NSV and sign that you have really arrived in the land of the skinny! YES!
Oh Boy...you are so in trouble with this one! All good trouble of course!
Sounds wonderful! I'm so happy for you, you make a beautiful couple, he's a cutie!
Hey love,
Just caught up on a bunch of your posts, glad to see your so happy (if busy) and in love! you look great.
Yummy! And I'm glad you had such a great time.
"Isn't love grand"
Enjoy!!!
Young love and romance. Just love it. You two look so great together. And the wine looked good too.
Sounds like a fantastically romantic weekend! :)
Looking gorgeous as ever, Catherine! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and S is a keeper!
What a romantic getaway! So jealous!
Post a Comment