At long last, I had my first fill today! I was going crazy in Bandster Inferno, so I'm happy to finally be on my way on the real weight loss part of this journey!
Before my appointment with Dr. Ren this afternoon, she had me get an esophogram on another floor at the NYU Hospital. It's very cool -- they uploaded the images onto the NYU intranet, so Dr. Ren was able to pull up the images from my esophogram on her computer during my appointment. I was able to see my band inside me on the picture. She said that the placement is just where it should be, which I expected -- but it was nice to hear!
Before she did the fill, I asked her not to be too conservative & told her I was ready to get going already! So, she gave me 1.7 cc, whereas she usually starts people off with 1 cc. BTW, I have a 9.75 cm Inamed Lap-Band, which has a 5 cc balloon. I'm now on 2 days of full liquids, followed by 2 days of mushies.
I had lunch after my fill -- a medium soup -- and couldn't tell any difference. BUT, when I got home tonight, I pureed some of the turkey chili I made over the weekend (sorry I didn't take photos!) and had it for dinner. It was a little thicker than the soup I had for lunch, and I could feel that I have more restriction (unless I'm totally imagining things!). Interesting!
BTW, I am very proud of myself for using my leftover Thanksgiving turkey (which I'd frozen) in two soups that I made over the weekend. I made the soup with green chiles and low fat cheese that I posted about before, substituting turkey for chicken, and also made a chili with turkey, & chipotle peppers. Both turned out nicely, and I feel good about not wasting any of that organic, free-range turkey!
7 years ago

5 comments:
I got my band yesterday! I am excited. Check out my blog cuz I wrote about it there.
I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to get my fill Jan. 6th. I dread the holidays fully healed with no restrictions. It might get ugly!
Congrats on your first fill. That is awesome. You are truly on your way now.
Hi There!
I ad my fill about a week ago and I can tell that I get full faster and I'm not that hungry. Also I got 3cc in my first fill.
Good Luck!
I had my first fill today and the Doc put in only 1cc in the 5cc band. I was happy to have a few good burps which hadnt happend since my swelling went down after surgery. He told me to drink a glass of water in his office, and then sent me out to get something to eat for lunch. I was able to eat way too much. **sigh**
Post a Comment