Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Restricted Area!

I'm still on liquids today, following fill no. 2, but I did have a thicker soup (pureed turkey chili) for dinner, and I noticed that it was not going down the same way as before. As of right now, swallowing a thicker soup feels a little bit like when you drink something when you have a sore throat. Not the hurting-your-throat part -- it's more that I just am more aware of it going down. Also, the sensation isn't in my throat, it's more inside my stomach at the site where my band is.

It's definitely interesting and a little weird, but not bad. I'm noticing that I'm getting full a lot faster and that I can get a little stuck. The stuck feeling I've had is really mild -- so maybe it's not a "stuck" feeling, but more of a theres-food-waiting-to-go-down kind of feeling. It's a little uncomfortable, but nothing all that bad.

After this morning's scale victory, I'm feeling excited and motivated about my future with the band, and like things are finally on their way. Everything pretty much had stalled, in terms of weight-loss, from the point when I got on solids until my first fill, so it feels very good to know that I'm back on track.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

woohoo......sounds like the next few weeks will be fun scale wise!! i can't wait!