Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm back in the game, people!!!

Yesterday I went for fill no. 2. Strangely, when my doctor looked at how much saline was in my band, there were only .7 ccs in it -- instead of 1.7 ccs. She told me not to worry -- and that saline could be stuck in the tube due to the band being at low pressure after the operation. Honestly, given that it was exactly 1 cc missing, it sounds more to me that she may have accidentally only put .7 in the first time. What are the chances that I'd have low pressure (or a leak - yikes!) that would take out exactly 1 cc to the dot?

In any event, we'll monitor this next time I go to the doctor. Right now, I have a 2cc fill in my 5 cc band. I'm on liquids until tomorrow, then have 2 days of mushies, so I won't know for a few days what the fill is really like. However, I can tell that there is at least some more restriction.

I've been really focusing on my diet lately and (!!) finally!! The guilty five are all off and a bit of one of their friends is gone too! As of this morning . . . . I am at my all-time lowest post-op weight and am down 14 lbs in total. Woo-hoo! :) It's working!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

That's awesome! Congrats, I hope you get good restriction this time!

Colleen said...

yay!! that missing cc sounds suspicious to me. Oh well. I hope this works well for you and hooray on the pounds lost!

April said...

Hey! I finally got my band two weeks ago! Hooray! I am still a little sore...but we are on full liquids now so that's been great:D

Since my very first weigh in I've lost 15 lbs. Woot.