Monday, January 26, 2009

Scars. . .

I responded to a post on Lap Band Talk earlier today about scars and thought it might be interesting to post an updated photo. Honestly, I don't know if using Mederma has made any difference. Unfortunately, my first set of photos just weren't that good, quality-wise, and now that I have my fancy new camera (yay!! just got it tonight!), the image is a lot clearer.

Below is the photo I took tonight. Actually, the top scar seems to be fading pretty well. The bottom one is still quite red and not so pretty!




Below is the photo I took on c. November 20th (2 months ago). The thing is, the lighting here was much brighter and the photo isn't really in focus, so it's hard to really see. Still, looking at this one, it's obvious to me that the little scar has faded a lot. Interesting! Maybe I'll keep using the Mederma after all!

2 comments:

Lulu's Journey said...

I am also using Mederma and have been since surgery in October. It looks to me like your big scar is a keloid scar in which mine is as well. I had a breast reduction 5 years ago and didn't keloid at all so I wasn't worried. But... the doctor said that it looks like I did on a couple of scars but with the Mederma, it should lighten up some. I do believe in this stuff and will continue to use it. What can it hurt? Just my check book.... hahaha

headin_to_mxico said...

I was wondering why you have two scars. I heard that the single scar insision is used to do the surgery and place the port...I guess this is inacurate? So a single scar surgery is actually two scars then?