Today is my 39th birthday! I'm heading to one of my favorite spas with a friend this morning, and am really looking forward to it! Should be a really nice day.It's interesting to think back on where I was at this time last year, and how many things have changed. I was less than a month post-op on my b-day last year, and was still really upset about my breakup with PP. Now, I am 51.8 pounds lighter than on this day last year (and 64.8 down in total), exercise regularly (and intensely!) . . and I am feeling just fine on the love front (despite that there isn't too much going on in that department!).
I really do feel like I spent the whole last year working on myself. Not just on the weight/fitness front -- though that is the most obvious and important change to me. I continued with my therapist, which is always good (I think of it as spa treatments for the psyche)! I also hired a graphic designer to teach me how to use Adobe Illustrator so that I could do more advanced card design, and that has taken my letterpress printing to a new level. This is something I really enjoy, and I'm glad that I motivated to find a teacher and arrange for those private lessons. And, like every other year, I read a ton, learned a lot, and spent time on my friendships and other important relationships. I am definitely in a much better place than I was in at this time last year, even though I was doing just fine then.
I am looking forward to enjoying the benefits of this year's work during this coming year, and to continue moving in a positive direction. I can see already that getting myself in shape is helping on the dating front. Looking better and feeling more confident definitely help! And, hopefully, that will make it easier for me to meet someone who is right for me.
Enjoy the day, everyone!! Will post photos later if I take some good ones today!

17 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!! Sounds like you've had a great year and an even better one ahead.
HaPpY BiRtHdAy!! What a year you had! Job well done!! ;-)
Happy Happy Happy Birthday lovely Catherine!
Enjoy your spa day and give me any industry dirt you pick up - spas are my life!
xoxoxoxox
Happy Birthday Lovely lady! So great to reflect back and see where you've come. So glad that you're feeling good in all areas of your life. Have a fantastic day at the spa!
xoxo
Happy, happy birthday! 39 is a good age- just got there myself.
So glad you've spent the year working on you, that's my plan for my 39th year. By the time I hit 40, I hope to be able to post about my self-growth just like you have at 39.
Cheers to you!
A spa is definitely the right place to spend a birthday! Enjoy! And congrats on all of your accomplishments this year.
Heather
Happy Bday! Enjoy 39 - I know this will be an amazing year for you!
And thanks for reminding me that I am like 3 weeks away from hitting 43. ;) I hope to be as successful as you when the next birthday comes around!
Enjoy spaaaaahhhing!
Have a great day at the spa and a wonderful birthday!!!! I just turned 39 myself in July and love looking at how far we have come!!!! Here's to another year of great successes!!!!
Happy Birthday Catherine!! And to be almost at your goal weight as well, what better birthday present could you ask for? Enjoy the spa day.
Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you had wonderful day!
Oh, you're a dark horse - nothing about your birthday until the actual day: CONGRATULATIONS, darl!! Here across the oceans I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best day ever!!! MWAH xxoo
Catherine... chiming in to wish you the happiest of birthdays. In some way, I'm looking forward to mine (in about 2 weeks) even more than those in the past because I really feel like I have something to celebrate this year! Kudos to you - so glad that we've connected via the band and our blogs... Enjoy!
Hi Catherine,
I was just banded 7 days ago and am so completely motivated and inspired after reading your blogs!! Wow! You look amazing. Congratulations. I'm 42 and have 70pounds to lose. Happy Birthday and hope you have lots of fun!!! Thanks again for the inspiration with the lap band!! :o)
Linda
Happy Birthday!!
Hope you had a fantastic Birthday. You are looking so wonderful, keep up the good work.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pretty Cathrine!! Im sorry its late but I dont have my computer at home working and so Im just now catching up on blogs...
Happy Birthday and congrats on doing so much for YOURSELF in this last year!!!!
Post a Comment