The scale FINALLY moved yesterday. . . a whopping .8 pounds. This is the first time the scale has been down since October 13th! Man. . now that I'm closer to goal, the loss is sloooooooowwwwww. Another wrinkle here is that I wasn't able to go to Boot Camp last week, since my friend was staying with me, and I only made it to the gym once (I ran for 30 minutes). I'm wondering if the .8 might be due to loss of muscle, rather than actual weight loss. I'm sure that's at least part of the reason for it. Hopefully there is some real loss in there as well.I'm back at Boot Camp tonight. Fingers crossed that the scale isn't up again tomorrow. . .
Rather than only complain about how slow this is going, I should mention a recent NSV (thanks, Mary, for reminding me!). I am now comfortably wearing size 10 jeans from The Gap!! That is my goal size (with 8 as an aspirational goal size)! Woo-hoo!!! So, even with 11.2 pounds to go to get to my goal, it's all good. It may take months to get this last bit off, but it's OK because I feel so good and am really comfortable in my skin -- something I was not at all when I started this process.

10 comments:
Rock on Catherine! Size 10 is amazing... I hear you on the snail's pace - I still have a lot to go, but it is definitely slowing down... but in perspective, I've lost a lot and I'm not even a year out yet... keep up the great work!
Catherine: I am SO ROOTING FOR YOU to reach your goal. You've got a great attitude about the time it will take-- so that is excellent too.
I hear the change in your attitude about yourself and the way you are approaching your life and your eating-- and I feel like yours is an ultimate success story. Keep up the wonderful success.
I am so happy that things have worked out well for you and I hope to have the same terrific success a year out from my 'band.' 1/4/10 here I come.
Size 10 jeans?! I can't even imagine that right now! Good for you, what a fantastic NSV :)
I have faith that you will reach your goal, no worries.
Woohoo on the NSV! (BTW, it took me forever to figure out what NSV meant.)
I bet it feels good to get into those size 10 jeans. The last pounds might be harder to take off, but they will feel oh so sweet coming off.
Congrats on the NSV!! Size 10 - certainly can't complain about that! Don't worry about the pace...you'll get to you goal...you're too motivated not to!
Catherine, size ten - that is great! Woot, woot!
PS Another blogger brunch?
That's awesome! I've been slloooooww going to - even though I'm not as close to goal we've lost a similar amount I think, and my body just wants to slow it down. Keep fighting the good fight, love!
xox
ange
Size 10?? Size 10?? That's like an 8 here and boy, that's a weeny size!!!! You must feel incredible.. I am so stoked for you, Catherine... you deserve everything great you are getting.. you've put in the hard work and it's paid off. You're a bright shiny star in our little Bandster world and I look up to you xxx
That is so exciting! I just found your blog from LBT and I loved looking through some of your posts. I am still new into my journey but excited to get to where you are! Good Job!
Post a Comment