Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Some Recent NSVs!

Here I am . . . focusing on my crank-i-tude of the weekend, and I totally forgot to mention all of the NSVs I've had since Friday! That just won't do!!


Random photo from Friday's party of me, Marjorie and Corrinne with a few of our friend's classmates from her graduate program.

Here go the NSVs:

1. On Friday, I went to a birthday party for a friend (she and some others rented out a small club, so we had it to ourselves) and had a great time. I met a ton of people, including a very nice, very cute French guy who was visiting from France for a few days. And, he followed through on his professed plan of calling me and seeing if I had time to see him on Monday. So, I had my first ever during-work-date yesterday -- I met him for coffee at a restaurant in my office building, and had a really nice time. (Not sure I mentioned this earlier, but I speak French. . . I studied law at a French law school for a year after studying the language for about 10 years and I have a degree in French Literature.)


Chantelle bra. . I love this brand. . a bit expensive, but so pretty and they actually have sizes!

2. On Saturday, I went to Bloomingdales to buy some new bras because mine were fitting horribly. All of a sudden, the ones I bought in July were just way too big, which freaked me out. So, I had my measurements taken there (have gone from a 40 DD to a 36 DD or D -- yay. . only good reduction in size there!) and the woman who was helping me pulled an armload of things for me. The NSV? All of the panties she pulled for me were in SIZE MEDIUM!!! I was so thrilled!! She thought I was a medium!! Of course, none of them actually fit properly and I had to have her pull the next size. . . but I was flattered anyway!!


3. On Sunday, I stopped in this great boutique in Soho called (bad name, great store) The New York Look. This store is the site of many a torturesome afternoon with friends, where I'd be stuck browsing for ages, knowing that absolutely nothing in there would fit me. Well. . . I tried on a dress and it fit!! Mind you, the cut wasn't flattering, but it totally fit!! AND, the saleswoman pulled a dress for me in size 8 and suggested I try it on!! OK, so I could barely get it on. . . but the fact she wasn't terrified to let me near an 8 felt pretty darned NSV-esque to me!!

12 comments:

THE DASH! said...

WOW WOW WOW - what fantastic NSV's! Seriously good - as is that beautiful lacy bra - I'm in love with that bra.. (can't wait till I can get into something like that.) Just amazing things to happen to you xx

THE DASH! said...

Crap! Was thinking so much about the French guy, forgot to mention him (and the fact you speak the language.. I guess my three years in high school went down the toilet lol best I can remember is la and le and a few scant phrases. Just something else to add to your long list of credentials :))
I think I have in my mind a guy I met years ago (before I got married). His name was Emmanuel and he was French too.. Oooh la la.. gotta love those French guys.

Sarah said...

Yay Catherine! Love the bra, but can't imagine myself EVER in something like that! But kudos to you for even going near it!!! :-)

uh said...

Shopping, even if you do not buy anything is a huge reward for your weightloss efforts. It is a huge shot of that-a-girl!

momma2fi said...

Wow lady - you are living the dream! I can't wait until I'm able to wear tiny lingerie again! Unfortunately, I can't access all the cool boutiques in Manhattan anymore. And trying on an 8? Regardless of it not fitting, just thinking of trying one on is an NSV! Au revoir a douze, quatorze, etc. Je suis desole! (oops - my computer won't make the accent aigu here! oh well - I tried!).

Catherine55 said...

Nice, Cara!! I love it!

Sarah, I bet you'll surprise yourself with the things you are going to buy! You look so great! :)

Momma2Fi, tres bien & that is what on-line shopping is for! :) :)

Angie Cummings said...

Je parle francais aussi, fluament! C'est tres excitant, Catherine! Je suis tres fière de vous!

bisou!

MandaPanda said...

Those are some awesome NSV's!! How can you be cranky with NSV's like that??? Especially when they involve French guys. My husband speaks French and when I want to cheat on him, I just have him whisper sweet nothings in my ear. NO idea what he's saying but it sounds pretty anyway!

Yana said...

FYI, I've found the same brand at Filene's...

MB said...

I haven't been on the last few days, but I wanted to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I'm so excited for all of your accomplishments and NSV's!!!

Inspiration said...

Those are some AWESOME NSV's!!! "Medium" is just mind-blowing. Also, I couldn't even tell which one was you in the picture at first, but you are the skinny one!

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Wow that is pretty awesome! Very fun NSV's! Congrats!