Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Divine Intervention?

I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving (came back to see the lowest post-op number on my scale. . whew!), so that may have made me a bit cocky. . .
I was a little hungry late afternoon. . . with no healthy snacks around. . . and decided to get something out of the vending machine at work. Well. . . it turns out that they just stocked it with one of my favorite cookies. . . the Milano. . .



I plunked in a dollar and selected that option. And the freaking package just sat there, stuck!! I shook the machine a few times without any luck . . . then realized I was making a bunch of noise and really didn't want one of my colleagues coming in and seeing me acting crazy, trying to get cookies! So, I went back to my office, got another dollar (they were $.85) and selected it AGAIN. AND, both packages just stayed there -- they must have been glued together somehow! I shook the machine several times, but no dice!!

Finally, I just told myself "WALK AWAY!!! It wasn't meant to be!!" And, I did. I wonder what lucky bugger is going to get 3 packages for the price of one. . . :)

14 comments:

Amy said...

The universe was certainly telling you something!

Congrats on the lowest weight yet!

Amy

MandaPanda said...

Wow! To lose weight over Thanksgiving! VERY impressive! As for the Milano cookies (first...YUM), even the vending machines are looking out for you. I'd be ticked about the $2 though...

Brooke said...

I thank god we don't have anything from Pepperidge Farms here. Everything they make is so addictively good. I don't like white bread but sometimes I would give my left foot to come home to a p/b/j sandwhich made on thier white bread.

And to have a vending machine with them in your office? Whoa. Too tempting.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that is so funny! Someone is looking out for you! I am glad that we don't have vending machines here, not sure how well I would do with that temptation...

jennyr1222 said...

Ha...mint milano's are my downfall. I used to keep them in my fridge and they were always gone within a day and a half. YUM!

Mary said...

There is always someone watching out for us when we decided to be bad! LOL it was ment to get stuck so that you wouldnt be bad!!!!

Debi said...

You are right, you just were not meant to have those cookies!! Things like this happens from time to time & it is usually keeping you from doing something you shouldn't!! LOL So at least the vending machine was watching out for you. Did you complain & get your money back? I would have.

Last Option Atty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Last Option Atty said...

LOL THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY! That will be a great entry for your book! Oh yeah by the way I think you should write a book about your Chronicles from Band Land! You have the perfect title and everything!!! :-) God is always right on time!

THE DASH! said...

A vending machine that watches your back? We should all be so lucky! Seriously, something was going on there - and you went back twice lol You really wanted those cookies and the machine really DIDN'T want to give you them. Though you were spewing at the time bet you're glad now xx

Gen said...

LOL totally divine intervention!

Big congrats on the Post-Tgiving weigh in. That is huge.

I will not get in the ring with Milanos, no way! You are so lucky you were spared the temptation.

Shels Kharma said...

Hi! I just wanted to drop in and tell you what an amazing job that I think you are doing- I am in very early stages of this journey, and have been trolling the web looking for info and inspiration. I happened upon your Blog several weeks ago, and have read it from begining to end. I just wanted to drop in and tell you what an insiration you are, and to encourage you to keep up the good work! I just started my own blog,(after being inspired by you and many other bloggers) and hope to be able to help to provide other people with encouragement in the future.

Good luck in the future!
~Shel

Dinnerland said...

Ha ha, I agree with the above-- the universe was talking you out of Milanos.
However: I definitely think you ought to get your cookie fix and really enjoy it. Have one with a lovely cup of tea or coffee (do you drink either?) and savor it.
You are doing so great, I am betting that 1 or 2 delicious cookies will hit the spot and you'll be totally done.
Who knows, you might find you don't like them the same as before...

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Haha! that's too funny! something like that has happened to me before and I have to say "just let go Liz, just let go", haha!