That's right, none other than the inimitable Angie! We met up earlier tonight for a drink at The Royalton Hotel, and had a great time. After a year of reading one anothers' blogs and writing back and forth, it was so great to finally meet her in person! Meanwhile, it really was just like seeing an old friend who I've known for ages! She is exactly as she seems on her blog and vlogs -- very open, nice, funny and warm!Angie is now 80 pounds down, looks amazing, and is -- mark my words -- going to be tiny (!) when she gets to goal.
It's been so great to meet other bandsters through this blog. There's nothing quite like being able to talk "band" with someone else who is going through the same thing. Angie and I chatted a bit about the whole boy thing -- telling people about the band, and a whole host of other things.
AND, it's snowing here! It's really coming down like crazy now! On my way back from The Royalton, I walked through Times Square and had someone take my picture. . . here it is! 


13 comments:
Hi Catherine,
You look like a beautiful snow bunny all rugged up under the snowflakes.
How fantastic you met Angie. I do envy the fact you girls in the US are close enough to meet in person: maybe one day it will happen for me too. Gorgeous pic of you both.
Have a lovely, lovely Christmas. I will be thinking of you.
Cara xxx
That's so cool you got to meet Angie, you ladies look good! And it looks so pretty snowing there in time square!!!
I agree with both Cara & Liz, you are so lucky to be able to meet some other bandster's.
New York City & Time Square looks fantastic in the snow.
Happy Holidays Catherine,
Debi: hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com
How neat to meet fellow bandsters/bloggers in person! ;-)
Great picture, I can imagine there is nothing quite as satisfying as talking in person with a person who really understands.
My husband and my mom know all about this-- but they don't KNOW it.
I can't wait to officially join the club. AND --I am looking forward to meeting you and some of the other NY/ Tri-state area bandsters too....
FUN! Seriously, someday I'm coming to NYC!!! It snowed a TON here (at least in Richmond terms)... over a foot, which closes everything down but it is very pretty!!!
oh two of my favorite bloggers together! I've learned a lot from both of you.
Doesn't the snow get you in the Christmas spirit?
Have a wonderful holiday!
Linda
SO BUMMED I missed it! Sorry I had to cancel. You ladies look marvelous!
Jen -- We were sad that you couldn't make it! And, we were thinking of you, Amy, Cara and Sarah in particular and wishing you were all there! I hope that you are feeling better!
Jen yes - I'm gonna e-mail you about trying to meet up!
Catherine, It was amazing! I left feeling so elated - and a bit tipsy. It was so meaningful to share what we have, and also so fun! I'll post more about this when I get back to VT!
Can't wait till next time! xox
What a great picture...you look tiny!!! How great to meet Angie...I love her blog too
I love the friendships I have made with my band buddies! New York and Australia are both on my list!
Cool! When I go home for a visit I want to see as many Ny bandsters as possible. I didn't event think about it until now!! DOh!!
You both look great-- must've been the good company!
;-)
Post a Comment