Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy New Year!!!


2009 was such a great year. I lost about 48 pounds (around .9 a week on average, since I have slowed down now that I'm so close to goal), got over a major breakup, held on to my job during a time when so many attorneys have not been able to, and made exercise a part of my life for the first time ever.
-
When I think back on this year, I will think of it as a year that I spent working on myself, and I am so grateful to have had my band to help me overcome what seemed like an insurmountable problem with my weight.
-
I also am grateful for all of the amazing bandsters I have gotten to know over the past 15 or so months, for all of the inspiration and support you give me every day, and from the total kick that I get out of seeing how incredibly well everyone is doing!!
-
So, what will 2010 hold? I know that it will hold more of the same positiveness and that (sloooooowwwwllyyy but surely) I'll reach goal during the New Year. I hope that my love life will be better than it's ever been, that my relationships with friends and family will keep on thriving and getting stronger, that I will do very well at work, and that the economy will keep improving. I hope for great health, success on all fronts, and lots of love, joy and happiness for all of us!
-
I'll be out of commission for the next few days because I'm ringing in 2010 at a spa with a few friends. We'll be doing lots of yoga, having some treatments, and I'll even be taking (and undoubtedly looking ridiculous in!) a Zumba class! Of course, there will be some good food and wine involved. Will look forward to catching up with you in the New Year!!

12 comments:

MB said...

Happy New Year to you too, Catherine!

THE DASH! said...

Happy New Year to you too, hon. It's been a major pleasure getting to know you and hopefully we will all keep on connecting thru 2010!!!

Enjoy your spa time. Sounds wonderful. xxxx

Dinnerland said...

Happy New year, Catherine!! I am so glad you've had and shared such a wonderful and successful year.
Enjoy the spa time... Vanessa

uh said...

You must report back on that zumba class! I having been wanting to take one but there is no gym in my area offering it yet:( It sounds like so much fun!

Judi said...

What a way to ring in the New Year! The perfect end to a year of self-discovery, self-improvement, self-fullfillment and survival and the perfect kick off to another year of wonderfulness! You've truly done an amazing job of it all!
Onward!
Judi

carla said...

Happy New Year to you and may 2010 bring all your hearts desires :-)
Have fun at the spa

MandaPanda said...

Sounds like a perfect way to ring in the new year! Happy New Year and good luck on all yoru endeavors in 2010!

loosing in 2009 said...

Have fun at the spa Catherine, you deserve it!!! You have been such an inspiration this year for me as I went through the ups and downs of working the band and I hope that your 2010 brings you everything you wish for and more!!!

Sarah said...

Enjoy your New Year... it's been so great to get to know you thru our blogs! Here's to another great year!!!

Heather said...

Oooh la la! A spa! Can't wait to hear about that. Sounds divine. Glad that 2009 was excellent. Here's to 2010 being even better! Happy New Year!

Heather
gettingbacktoskinnymini.blogspot.com

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

Happy New Year to you as well! Great post!

Band-Babe said...

Catherine,

I've been enjoying your blog so much. I really appreciate your open and candid thoughts on your weight loss journey. You are just too cute! I'm excited to see you so close to your goal, and will be cheering for your ultimate success. (PS, I can't believe PP is such an idiot, he totally doesn't deserve you, and I'm glad to hear it sounds like you are very much over him).

Lara