
I had a great time with my friends during our spa celebration! This was such a nice change from New Year's in the city, which tends to involve buying overpriced tickets to a party that usually isn't that fun and struggling to get a cab home at the end of the night! Instead, we just relaxed, exercised and pampered ourselves!

All of the rooms -- and all of the treatment rooms -- at the spa have fireplaces, which was a very nice and cosy touch!
Here we are at dinner, following a round of massages and a Zumba class. This was my first time to do Zumba, and it was a total blast! The instructor was a lot of fun and had us doing all of these Latin dance moves (salsa and merangue steps, etc.), and some crazy other stuff too. At one point, we had to. . air guitar? Yes. Air guitar! I was simultaneously mortified and entertained!
I'd love to do more Zumba. I'm going to see if I can figure out where I can sign up for classes here (that won't be too expensive or conflict with my schedule and boot camp). I definitely recommend trying this to anyone who likes to dance. It's really a lot of fun!
New Year's Eve was such a blast! The day started out so nicely. I got up and did a 1 1/2 hour yoga class while my friends slept in, then had breakfast and relaxed a bit. Then I went into a 100 minute (!) massage, which was just fantastic! After that, I spent some time in the steam room, then showered and met up with Marjorie in the hotel's hot pool (basically a big outdoor hot tub).
The tub was great -- and it was snowing when we were in there! We also met two couples who were in there at the same time, and wound up having the best time with them at the inn's New Year's Eve party!

I hope that everyone had a great New Year's and that your 2010 is off to a great start! I am pleased to report that I did not gain any weight over the holidays, though the scale does seem to be stuck!


13 comments:
That looks like a WONDERFUL place and Sounds like a fabulous time was had by all!!
woo hoo about no weight gain!!
HAPPY 2010 to you too!
Sounds like you had a wonderful New Year's! That Inn looks so charming!!
Zumba really is a blast isnt it? It looks like you guys had a great time. I have never had a massage in my life...I don't know if I would like it. hmm...maybe I should try it!
Did you ever think the day would come when you would be the one up working out while everyone else slept?
I definately plan to take a zumba class in 2010. The closest class is 90 mins away for me, if I like it, I will have to do the DVD afterwards
Wow... that looks beautiful! Where was it? Good for you for not gaining any weight - I am holding steady too - in fact, just cancelled my next appt with my doc since I think I'm at a sweet spot again! Hopefully I didn't just jinx myelf by saying that! Happy New Year Catherine!!!
Sounds perfect, and you look fab!
I could totally use a massage. Actually, I could use an entire spa weekend with all the treatments!
I might have to try Zumba! Happy New Year!
We're always looking for real life stories to share with anyone who walks into our office thinking about this type of surgery. Thanks for taking the time to share yours.
Cheers to a happy and healthy 2010 (and congratulations on making it through the holidays without adding any extra lbs!)
First off, you look amazing!! All glowy and wonderful. I looked into Zumba classes here in the city and found relatively inexpensive ones. I'll look again but I feel like they were around Lincoln Center so maybe too far from you? We should definitely go to one together though. I'd love it! xoxo
Wow, what a weekend! That spa looks awesome, and it's such a great way to bring in the new year. You look fantastic and very happy. Bring on the 2010 adventures!
The spa centre looks like a magical wonderland. All that snow! Want to swap for a bit .. its hot hot hot here lol.
You look fab!!!! All relaxed and having fun. I'm envious.. could do with a 100 min massage myself.. and the rest!!
Great news that there was no gain over Chrissy. Smart girl. You're down to the serious business end of your weight loss - those last few pounds - and they always come off much slower.. (more's the pity!!).
I took my first Zumba class on Sunday and did another one this morning. I LOVE it! Its so fun and even though I have never been a dancer I am able to do the moves in my own way without feeling stupid. I recently joined our local YMCA and I am really enjoying it. Congrats with all your success in 2009 :) Happy New Year!
That place looks so amazing! So glad you had a good time!
Catherine you look amazing! I am now down 75 pounds and when i look at your pics with your friends it warms my heart b/c I have some similar and equally fabulous pictures and the thing I now see is how much I fit in physically with them in pictures! Its an amazing transformation! Happy new year!!! PS I started taking Zumba at my gym too! Love it!!!
Post a Comment