Sunday, January 10, 2010

Shopping NSV!


Today was a big day for me, in terms of NSVs. I went shopping in Soho with my friend Marjorie, and was looking for a dress to wear to two formal events that I have coming up. We went to a few places, including to the Karen Millen store. I've been there many times, shopping for friends, but had never tried anyting on before because I know her sizes run small and there was never anything there that would fit me.

Well, guess what? It fits now!!!!!!! Thank you, band!!!!!! I found an amazing black satin dress, it fits wonderfully and I love it!! I don't think that a year ago, I could have fully imagined wearing a gorgeous, sexy dress like this and feeling comfortable and confident about my appearance! This is such a great feeling, and it just made me so happy. And the bonus?? The dress was on a major sale. . marked down from $380 to $175. . and an additional 30% off!! It wound up being $133.37 when all was said and done.

That's the kind of Perfect Storm of shopping luck that tells me that God wanted me to have that dress!! :) :)

22 comments:

Jess said...

And you look smokin in it. Congratulations.

Jess said...

Oh, my verification word was "phine"...very approriate.

Kathy said...

Roll out the R E D carpet for this glamorous Woman! Move over Angelina, Catherine is in town!

Kinzie said...

love the dress, very rich. You look fantastic

Nicole said...

You look gorgeous!!

http://betterbanded.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Wow Catherine! (A) Great deal! I just love a good deal... and (B) You look PHENOMENAL! Holy hot cakes! Just beautiful... jaws are going to be hitting the floor when people see you enter!

Yana said...

That is a hawt! dress! Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

WOW you look great and I love the dress! the top makes better than the standard little black dress. Lookin' Good!!!!!!

http://roadfromfattohealthy.blogspot.com/

lori said...

beautiful. and i like it just the way you are wearing it with no necklace just the collar bones.

Anonymous said...

FABulous, love the straps and you really look lovely in it. I LOVE a bargain! The shopping gods were definitely with you today.

THE DASH! said...

Beautiful dress - and your smile says it all. I am a beautiful woman wearing a beautiful dress - envy me!!

Jo said...

It's a beaut Catherine! Can't find something like that in the cornfields around here! I feel like I live vicariously through you right now since you are so-o-o close to your goal! Congrats and enjoy!

FK said...

You look amazing!!! I love that dress!!! That is on my goal to shop NYC as a skinny girl... You are so inspiring! xx

Colls said...

You look gorgeous!!! What a hot dress and a great deal!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing Catherine, Congratulations. Hard work pays off.

Amy W. said...

I really do love that dress. is it short or long?

Amy W. said...

:)

Sherry said...

Catherine, you are stunning! Truly you look fantastic. I do have a question though -- it seems in many of the photos you post, you are wearing black. I know that as an overweight person, I've always leaned towards black for my wardrobe b/c it seemed 'slimming.' But here you are, model-esque -- and still wearing black. I encourage you to lighten up your wardrobe! You have lovely coloring and could pull off some bright colors. Go for it!

Catherine55 said...

Amy -- the dress is just beyond knee-length. I love it!

Sherry. . alas! Some habits die hard, plus between living in NYC (where everyone wears tons of black) and the fact that black is a forgiving color, I'm a big fan! :)

I did try on some other colors while I was out though. . so maybe that's progress? :)

Catherine

Mary said...

youuuu looookkkk fantabulous! I love it! way to go cathrine! what size are you in now?!

Tamara said...

A...MAZE.....ING! You look fabulous. What an accomplishment!

Last Option Atty said...

OMG...OMG.... YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!