With only 6.2 pounds left to go to get to my goal, I get asked pretty regularly what I'm going to do for myself when I finally get to goal. Honestly, I don't have any big plans for a particular reward. I've definitely celebrated lots of SVs with treats like massages, facials and such. But -- and I hope this makes sense -- it seems to me that getting to goal is the biggest reward I could give myself for the work that I've been doing.Don't get me wrong. . . I am fully going to go more crazy on the clothing-buying front, and I'll probably wind up doing some celebrating with my mom and my friends, but all of that will be more incidental than incentivizing.

6 comments:
I totally agree - what a first prize getting to goal will be. There will be nothing sweeter!!!
I would think the your sweet feeling of personal satifaction would be a fabulous prize. You are almost there!!
What a fabulous statement - that being at goal IS the reward. Your journey, and indeed you as well, is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing with us!
Amy
That makes total sense, getting to goal is the prize! I am so excited for you! <3
Yes think a a good gift to yourself! I am in the same mindset with 24.4 pound let to my goal I am thinking being under 200 pounds is reward enough for me! Hey havent been in one-derland since maybe 1995? But I am going to plan a trip to this Yoga Retreat place in the Bahamas :-)
Catherine -
What to do? How about something that you never would have done when you were heavier? Bad time of year, but like go to an amusement park and ride some crazy-ass ride you never would have done before. Skydive, go get yourself a smokin-hot bikini, get a makover, go to a new event you never would have thought to go to before, have an girlfriend party to celebrate, write a note to yourself giving yourself credit for the hard work and accomplishment you've done, and last but not least - TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!
Mary Jo
Post a Comment