Not me. But hey, with a few hours (days?) of PhotoShop. . maybe it could be?? LOL
I actually bought two bikinis on-line. . and a third yesterday, with the plan of keeping the one(s) that fit the best. I learned an important lesson, which is that I have no idea how a bikini will fit me by looking at a photo of it on-line! Two came in last night, and I rushed in to try them on. . . but they really didn't do the trick for me. I have my fingers crossed on the third, which should get here in a few days -- but I think I'll actually go an try some on over the weekend. Maybe a trip to Rosa Cha is in order. . . :)I also bought the dress shown below from Athleta. . size medium! It fits great, but the back has this criss-cross action that would make it impossible to wear a bra with the dress. It does have one of those built in bras, but I'm not 100% loving it. . I'd rather look less. . well, squished! I am going to ask my tailor if she can sew something into the lining to make it more like a proper bra. We'll see. . 
And, I'm totally psyched for the weekend, because my friend L (at left) is visiting from London, and she, Nadia and I are having dinner together tonight! I can't wait! Has been too long! I am looking forward to seeing her reaction to the change in my appearance. Even Nadia noticed a big difference when I saw her last weekend. I think that the last 5-7 pounds I lost actually made a more noticeable difference than the first 30 that I lost. Interesting!

12 comments:
Good for you!!! I'm at the tankini point - not too much further though (although I do own a bikini top I wear with shorts)... Great dress!!!
fricking online shopping and boobs!
I think for dresses and bikinis trying on is key, even though online is so fun and easy!
I'm so excited for you. I think that it's amazing that closer to your goal, small changes really make a big difference. I can't wait to actually experience that. Have a geat weekend.
I could NEVER EVER order a bathing suit online. I HAVE to try it on when I went bathing suit shopping for the beach this year I literally tried on 25-30 diffrent suits. Im still in a Tankini because of the extra skin I have on my tummy. not pretty. :o)
I love online shopping! Such great deals and oh so much more selection! Have fun!
Love that dress! Did you try a strapless bra? I wore a bunch of Athleta dresses on spring break and used the VS multi way bra.
Good for you buying a bikini! I just found the perfect bikini top at J.Crew with surprisingly decent support - check the sale section - the one with bra-like shoulder straps and underwires. But they only go up to 38D. Of course I won't wear it in public, but still...
I have ordered every bathing suit I own online. But I have probably returned more than I have kept! ;)
Bikinis are awesome! Haven't worn one since I was 19 but looking forward to it. Of course, after 2 kids it may never be an option for me again. Love the dress! I think it's super cute! Have fun this weekend!
Have a great weekend with your girlfriends. I love, love, love the dress and I'm sure there is something a seemstress could do to make it better for you. Good for you bikini shopping!
Um okay - I want that dress. Super cute and love the color. Congrats on the bikini! I think you should model pics for us!
No human woman has a gap between her legs as big as that swimsuit model! Just sayin!
Congrats on the bikini action!
It's a bikini summer for you! That's awesome, Catherine. Have fun shopping, and enjoy dinner with your friends.
You earned that bikini and the bod that goes with it! Have fun!
Weight loss on smaller people is a lot more noticeable.
Post a Comment