Friday, March 13, 2009

Another fill. . .but a tiny one

I went to my doctor yesterday -- mainly because I forgot I had an appointment and it was too late to cancel by the time I remembered! I've been at very decent restriction, though I'm sure I could go a bit tighter. I talked to my doctor about it and, since I had taken the time to go to her office, I kind of wanted a teeny top-up of my fill, just to spare me coming back later.

So, now I'm at 2.85 in my 5 cc band. I don't notice a difference from before the last fill.

I asked her about sliming -- which happens to me sometimes, and she said that it's what happens when you eat a little too fast or don't chew enough, and (warning: gross) the saliva pools on top of the stuck food in your stoma. That's why it comes back up -- because it can't go down. Now that she explained it to me, it seems obvious, but I hadn't really put this together before.

The scale seems to be really moving now that I hit the magic number! I'm down 32.4 as of this morning. Onederland really makes stepping on the scale a pleasure, and I'm feeling so motivated to get closer to goal (albeit at an appropriate pace).

1 comment:

suede said...

congrats on your weight loss. :-)