Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Catching up!

I've been MIA all week because I've had a ton of things going on! When last I left off, I was about to have a dinner party for my friend Don. We had a great time, and everything turned out really well. Most of the guests went to college with us, except for the guy (see below) at the head of the table, who is married to L, a close friend of Don's from college.

Here is a shot of us at the table.



So, that dinner was on Wednesday of last week. On Thursday, I went to Boot Camp, came home to change, and headed out for the birthday party of my friend Nadia (who is one of my best friends). This was a big group get together at a bar on the upper east side, and one of her other friends brought lots of Hello Kitty paraphenalia. Check out her Hello Kitty tiara and candy necklace. SASSY!


Then, the next morning (Friday), I got an early jitney out to Shelter Island for Erica's bachelorette party weekend. I had a great time -- low key but really fun and relaxing -- and will post about that next! Don is still in town, so we hung out last night after I got back from Boot Camp. So, there has not been much time for posting!

The one thing I will say is that my weight loss is totally stalled. I know that it's because I am putting on muscle, but it's still frustrating. I've been at 44 lbs down for quite a while now. Haven't stepped on the scale yet today, but I'll update if there is any good news.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like you had fun!!!

THE DASH! said...

Thats the one thing I never really did - dinner parties (usually just friends over for an evening but with little babies.. well it wasn't happening.. you don't get to sit for long).. The get together looks wonderful and I was thinking, wow, all those men round the table, lucky you lol then up popped a couple of girls in the next pic! It looks like you had fun.

Catherine55 said...

Whoops! That's one girl and one gay man. :) The dinner party was a lot of fun -- 4 men and 2 women is not a bad balance!