Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Landmark SV & NSV

Today was a great day for me. By finally breaking the 46 pound mark, I got my BMI into the "overweight" range. . .the last range before the "ideal weight" range! Well, at least according to the NYU site. This is major. I mean, it's no Onederland, but it feels really good. I feel like I just passed a major milestone on the marathon to goal.

I went to Boot Camp tonight -- can you believe that I've already finished my 8th class (out of 24)? I'm probably going to sign up for another session as soon as this one ends. I can't believe it, but I really love the workout. Also, yesterday was the first time that I wasn't put in the beginner's group when they broke up the class. They actually broke into 3 groups (usually it's only 2), but for the first time, I wasn't in the worst one! That feels like a landmark to me too!

Another nice thing that happened to me was that, on my way in to the office, I went in via the entrance I always used to use. It's not the closest one -- but it was the one on the way after I picked up my former breakfast. . a bagel with butter. The security guard on that side looked at me and said "Wow! I almost didn't recognize you! You look like a movie star!! You look great -- how much did you lose?" And, on a total high from today's SV, I said. . "Forty-six as of this morning! Thanks!!" He totally made my day. :)

5 comments:

Bandster said...

Ok I still can't work it out SV and NSV? Special Victory? Slimming Victory?
Congrats on losing 46 pounds, that is a great weight loss in the time frame.

H x

Catherine55 said...

Thanks, H! SV = Scale victory, and NSV = Non-scale victory. :)

Mary said...

Thats awesome!!! Im down about the same as you now too! I had someone at work today tell me that I look like a totally diffrent person every time she sees me and wow that does feel good...

Beth said...

Those feel SO good, don't they? Congrats, movie star! :D

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO CATHERINE!!!! And I bet you never thought you'd hear yourself say you wanted to sign up for ANOTHER boot camp session!!!

I finally passed the 46 mark also!! Was feeling like I was stuck at 44-45 for sooooo long. I haven't gotten into an exercise routine yet, but am planning to once I finished my three month training - AT MY NEW JOB!!!!

Take care!!!

Cindy