With all of the reflection I've been doing on my pre-op journal, I completely forgot to post about the shower I threw on Thursday! It turned out to be a lot of fun, and people didn't start leaving until after midnight (it started at 7), which I take to be a good sign!
Here is the invitation I made . . with the square brown envelope (to match the brown & blue of the wedding invitations). I drew this caricature of the bride & think it turned out to be a decent likeness!
Here is a better image of the file I printed from. . .
The food turned out really well (and I had no trouble eating, which was good, since I didn't know everyone there that well and only the bride knows about my band). I made my favorite salad (arugula with dates, Fuji apple, caramelized walnuts, shallots and manchego) and. . . a Paula Dean recipe for shrimp with cheese grits that is so delicious (it involves a lot of butter and cheese. . and bacon. . hmm. . wonder why I didn't lose weight last week. . . ). Then, we had cupcakes (from Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery . . so much better than Magnolia!) for dessert. Yum yum!
The bride-to-be! I love the shirt!

Four friends, laughing their heads off (not sure at what)! Check out the cute cupcake stand on the table (which you can kind of see. . .) . . a friend at work lent it to me!
We only did one game -- I had the groom come to my office before the shower and videotaped him answering some Newlywed Game-type questions. Then, the bride had to guess what he answered. . and the guest who correctly guessed how many the bride got right won a cute travel package of yummy L'Occitaine body products. I was able to hook my camera up to my TV, so after she answered, I could play back his answers. It was a big hit, and a lot of fun! I would definitely do that again if I throw another shower.
And, on another note, here is a photo of me with my youngest cutie pie nephew from the weekend before last, after we saw The Lion King (which was amazing)!

And, on another note, here is a photo of me with my youngest cutie pie nephew from the weekend before last, after we saw The Lion King (which was amazing)!


3 comments:
Catherine - you are Martha Stewart, Paula Dean, and many other talented women all in one! I'm so jealous... it looks like it was a fabulous event... love your work! I think you have a side gig if you ever decide to give up law...
Catherine,
I just don't know how you do it! You have the best imagination for throwing showers, making cards etc. I'm envious cos I'm hopeless at that stuff. I just wanted to say thanks for your lovely encouragement when I was banded also. Your comments really meant a lot to me.
P.s. Im still in a drug induced haze (although getting better) so if I have said thanks already, just take it for what it is. I'm repeating myself lol :)
Cara xx
Love the drawing! I am glad you gave it a closer look and yes...even though the bride is setting down in the picture...I can see the resemblance. I love when you work hard to throw a party and it turns out perfect! That's one of the best gifts you can give!
Post a Comment