Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bandster Brunch!

This was such a great weekend, between the Boot Camp party, the supper club on Saturday, and. . . brunch with several great NYC bandsters on Sunday! (I put links to everyone's blogs under their names in the caption just below. . )

Jen, Catherine, Carla, Colleen and Heather


Obviously (from past posts), I already knew Jen, and it was great to see her again! And, I had the pleasure of meeting Colleen, Carla and Heather, all for the first time. It was a great brunch and a really nice opportunity for us all to share our experiences and get to know one another, other than just through our blogs.
-

I can't stress enough how helpful this blog has been to me throughout the past 14 months. I have met so many wonderful people through it, and all of your comments and commiseration have been a huge help to me. I also love being able to track my progress and to have such a great diary of this important year. I would absolutely recommend blogging to anyone bandster (or future bandster) who is interested in doing so.

Have a great night, everyone!

9 comments:

Debi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debi said...

That is so fantastic that you are able to get together with other bandster's! Looks like you all had a great time.

You are looking fabulous by the way! I have been following your blog for about 3 months now & I can really see a difference in that short a time! You are almost at your goal!

I wish there were other blogging bandster's closer to where I live! But alas, I don't know of anyone closer than 4-6 hrs away, or more!

Anyway, sorry for the removed post, I re-read what I posted after wards & realized it didn't make sense.

Happy Holidays

Dinnerland said...

What a great picture of the brunch-- I will be there for the next one-- sorry I missed this time.

And of course NO I do not hate you, Catherine (but you are too smart to think I have anything but admiration for your success...) I was just being cheeky in my blog.

Whatever: thanks for the encouragement and sharing your story. You totally know by now what an influence reading your experiences has had on me-- so I thank you again for that.

I'm Looking forward to being someone else's "Catherine" someday!!
Vanessa

Catherine55 said...

Vanessa -- so glad that you'll make it to the next brunch! I did get a kick out of your last post, and even e-mailed the link to my mom! It's a definite NSV for me for someone to be envious of my weight (and you are absolutely right -- I took it in the spirt in which it was intended!)! :)

Debi -- you might be surprised about who is in your area. Check out the local boards on lapbandtalk.com, if you haven't already!

Catherine

Gen said...

What a great pic! Everyone is looking great!

That is so sweet you guys toasted my Onederland accomplishment! I love it!

My 12 year old insists she wants to go to NYC for her 13th bday this spring, so maybe I can meet up with you all then!

carla said...

Had a great time too!!!! How is that cream working? he he You have to do the before and after remember :-)

Linda O said...

You know I have been thinking how fun it would be to organize a Bandster Convention with some of the people from the blogs we all tend to follow. Like meet in a fun city for a weekend at a nice hotel and all get to meet eachother. Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami?....someplace easy for most people to get to. Any thoughts???

Debi said...

Thanks for the idea Catherine, I haven't been reading lapbandtalk.com in a long time.

I will look into it.

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

That's really cool that you guys got to get together! glad it was fun!