Chicago was incredible. I felt like I was having a dream in which fifty of my favorite bloggers came to life! It was so intense and more than a little surreal! It was amazing to meet everyone. Everyone, without exception, was just like I thought they would be from their blogs. We laughed our heads off, talked up a storm, and cried and hugged a whole lot too!
I loved this trip. It was a really special, unique thing to have so many of us all together. I've never had another experience quite like it. The organizers did a phenominal job of putting everything together, and it was just absolutely mind-boggling to get to meet everyone all at once. Major sensory overload!! Still, I do feel like I got in some one on one time with just about everyone, which was so nice.
I met a lot of bandsters who told me that mine was the first blog that they had ever read, and some who said that reading my blog helped them make their decision to get banded. It was very moving and meaningful to me to hear that. (Cut to the tears and hugging!) I love it that something I did could help other people -- in this case, friends who I had not yet met, but who would come to be an instrumental part of keeping me on the right path with my band and giving me an incredible amount of support. Every person who I helped has helped me, too. Without all of the encouragement and support I've received from all of the amazing bandsters in our on-line community, I do not think I would have been as successful with my band, and I know for sure that this whole process would not have been, and continue to be, so much fun and so rewarding without you.
At our dinner on Saturday night, Sarah had everyone write down how many pounds they had lost on the Bandster Cheat Sheet I put together with everyone's photo, name and blog name on it. She then added it all up. Be prepared to be blown away! (Um. . video didn't post right. . working to fix this now!)
7 years ago


24 comments:
Oh Catherine...it was sooo good to meet you. That video gave me chills....what a fabulous moment. There were so many!
Absolutely amazing!
I am so happy you captured the moment on video - I was blown away.
It was wonderful to meet you, a dream come true!
That is awesome!!! What a magical moment that must have been.
how awesome! sounds like an amazing weekend! You were my first blog and comforted me/made me excited before my surgery!
Catherine.. it was wonderful to meet you in real life (although I think everyone feels like they know you just from blogland).. It was an awesome experience, and I second that our organizers did a fantastic job.. so much fun.. glad you made it home safe and sound.. I am sure there will be so many more exciting posts to come..
So, big surprise, I teared up when I watched the video. My husband was listening and was blown away by the amount of weight we lost. It was such a pleasure to meet you and when you get a chance, please let me know who I need to thank for all the wonderful clothes that you passed on to me.
It was so wonderful to meet you and spend a little fun time shopping together. I hope you had safe travels home and seriously anytime you are out in the Seattle area let me know and we can get a drink (or two) :)
Grreat moment, so glad you captured it!
I loved meeting you Catherine... You are so adorable and inspirational! I can still see your smiling eyes when I read your post... and i hear your sweet voice now like you're reading it to me. Amazing! *Maria*
Catherine,
Loved the video! If I couldnt be there in person, this was a good taste. I truly hope you girls do this again - cos I want to be at the next one. Sounds like you all had a blast - just the way it should have been. xxx
I love reading the post-BOOBS posts. I think its amazing. You have all been so courageous meeting. It must have been so surreal!
I am being banded in 7 weeks and am so excited!
PS I love all these pics! You all look fantastic!
Loved meeting you! You are even more gorgeous in person! That moment was amazing!!
Catherine, you are the epitome of class! Thank you so much for your inspiration and love.
Catherine it was so great meeting you!! Let me know when you want to borrow the red dress ;)
I have to say, your blog was one of the first I read and helped me make my decision, too. :)
I am so glad I got to meet you!!
Who lets me drink? I blame you!
Awesome. Thanks for getting this on film!
It was so wonderful to meet and spend time with you, truly. From seeing your pictures I knew you were gorgeous, and from reading your words I knew you were smart and articulate, but who knew that you are also so incredibly NICE? Oh, and hilarious too. When you got going on the last names, I almost wet myself. Great weekend and I can't wait to do it again.
How is it possible that you're even nicer and warmer in person than you seem on your blog??...I don't know but you truly are. You are so special to me and will always be.
This gave me the chills. INCREDIBLE! I cannot wait to join everyone next tome!!
What a crazy-fun night that was! It was awesome meeting you, Catherine. We didn't talk much (SO many people... sensory overload), but hopefully we will catch up more next time! You look FANTASTIC!!! :)
catherine it was so great to meet you! i loved our "box" conversation and making you snort lol
Absolutely loved meeting you in person, Catherine. You are just delightful!
Post a Comment